Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-04-20, 11:59am
Burning through glass

Ok, fresh out of the kiln this morning! Custom cane I made pulled from a core of black and Zeus over, the other is gold rubino with Zeus over. I was so surprised by the peacock purples and blues over the black! It's amazing. I tried to capture it the best I could, it's a tricky thing!

This is the black and Zeus backlit, Zeus is the amber you see.

This one shows how glossy the peacock luster is!

This is the gold rubino backlit. It turns a really cool apricot color. Hard to see, but it has greenish yellow swirls through it, it really looks like boro.

Renee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Changeable Jewelry, Murrini & MORE!

Custom Supplies:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Fine Art Beads & Jewelry:

&

Last edited by JetAge Studio; 2008-04-20 at 12:09pm.
Old 2008-04-20, 2:06pm
yukue fumei

gorgeous!!
I am going to have to try that rubino/Zeus combo!
I am in awe!
Thank you for the eye candy!

nagi

Old 2008-04-20, 2:21pm

Yummers Kimberly!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-04-20, 2:50pm
On the flippity flop

Holy wow.... You guys knock my socks off. I gots to get me to the TAG sale.

Jayne: "I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly when I'm gettin' paid." -- Serenity
Old 2008-04-20, 3:04pm
Living out Loud

Thank you so much, Ron Jr. gave me a 20 inch rod of Zeus and I did'nt want to waste it. Now I have some fabulous ideas about how to use it. Thanks again.
Old 2008-04-20, 4:18pm

Ooooh Kimberly, that's DROOL-LICIOUS!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-04-20, 5:59pm
Burning through glass

Kimberly that is GORGEOUS!! I love the fluidity!
BTW, Jenny helped me get the luster on my beads by telling me how YOU did it!! So I really have you to thank too. I was so happy when it all finally "clicked"! Just ask her...I think I was shouting with glee in my emails at her. I've been reducing EVERYTHING now, and am so surprised with some of the glasses I never got to do anything! Yay!

Nagi, I cant wait to see how rubino/zeus works for you!! It's so fun, please post your results!
Renee

Custom Supplies:

&

Last edited by JetAge Studio; 2008-04-20 at 6:01pm.
Old 2008-04-20, 7:02pm
yukue fumei

WOW--Kimberly--your bead is gorgeous!
WOO!
Renee--my first round went so so--I think I put it on something that over reacted, so I'm going to try again tomorrow...but I will post when I get something

nagi

Old 2008-04-21, 2:33pm

kimberly- that is beautiful
the center looks like it is floating in water.
Old 2008-04-21, 3:02pm

KILLAH!! Nice work, nice work. I like the organic shapes on those disks, Renee. And Kimberly - your trees are me-e-e-e-elting! Me-e-e-elting!

One thing that I had tried with the Zeus was making some floral stringers. I put the Zeus over an ASK pink, pulled it down and did some flowers that didn't do much. But I'd encased them. So I put them on the outside and was pleased with the antique peach color that came from *reducing* the Zeus over the pink. Here is the bead - it's a large hollow of Cezanne (you can see the purple line of the sterling liner inside) with flowers of Zeus over one of the ASK Pinks. The whole thing was reduced heavily in the Kimberly-style (that's a technical term, lol!)

Old 2008-05-02, 10:22pm
Burning through glass

TAG has a new batch of Taxco available now on their website... I'd like to see what others have been getting color-wise from reducing this glass. Anyone have pictures?

Renee Wiggins

Custom Supplies:

&
Old 2008-05-03, 8:13am

OMG this makes me want to put my boro away and get my soft stuff out again. These colors are amazing!!! I want them aaaaaaaallllllllllll!
Old 2008-05-07, 12:43pm
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand Beads View Post
BTW - those of you who got in on the Mystery Boxes have just over a week left to get your feedback forms in to me, to get into the drawing for a FREE POUND OF GLASS! There are precious few of them in right now so your odds are VERY GOOD! ( Slackers! Lol!) In fact, you don't have to complete ALL of them to get into this drawing -- you get an entry in the drawing for each of the forms you return. Yet another reason I love my job! Good Luck! ~Jenny@ TAG
Woohoo! Jenny emailed me that I won the one pound of TAG 104!!!! I guess not too many of you sent in the feeback forms!

Thank you, Paul and Jenny!

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-05-07, 2:18pm

Laff, that's true. Slackers! ;-> I had about four or five people from each COE return forms, and everyone who sent them in got an entry-per-form. So if someone sent in four forms, they got four entries. Hayley was pretty thorough and had at least a dozen forms returned. So that upped your odds, m'dear! BTW I'm sending you a rod of a new EXP that is a dark Green Dalai... deep heat a time or two, then strike for great streakyness. It's giving me nice blue and green colors so far... ~Jenny @ TAG
Old 2008-05-07, 9:11pm

Can I fill one out??

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-05-08, 9:53am
yukue fumei

hee hee slacker here!! thanks TAG and Jenny for hosting an awesome contest!!!

Congrats Hayley!!! Yeehaw! What'd you win? Can I peek?

BTW--I did fill out the forms but I lazed out in the 'putting them in the mailbox' department!! LOL!!!
I am enjoying the colors--Silver Fir and Taxco so far are my favorites.....

nagi

Old 2008-05-08, 10:43am
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand Beads View Post
Laff, that's true. Slackers! ;-> I had about four or five people from each COE return forms, and everyone who sent them in got an entry-per-form. So if someone sent in four forms, they got four entries. Hayley was pretty thorough and had at least a dozen forms returned. So that upped your odds, m'dear! BTW I'm sending you a rod of a new EXP that is a dark Green Dalai... deep heat a time or two, then strike for great streakyness. It's giving me nice blue and green colors so far... ~Jenny @ TAG
Cool! I can't wait to play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
hee hee slacker here!! thanks TAG and Jenny for hosting an awesome contest!!!

Congrats Hayley!!! Yeehaw! What'd you win? Can I peek?

BTW--I did fill out the forms but I lazed out in the 'putting them in the mailbox' department!! LOL!!!
I am enjoying the colors--Silver Fir and Taxco so far are my favorites.....
I got a full pound of TAG 104!!!! I am still waiting for it to arrive . . . stalking the mail lady . . .

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-05-08, 12:32pm
yukue fumei

YAY!!!!
That's awesome!!
Jackpot!!!

nagi

Old 2008-05-09, 3:53pm

Here's the TAG Green Dalai image. It's an opaque forest-to-teal green in the rod. I'll put it on the site under Rare and Special 104. This was simply heated to the core a couple of times in neutral, then surface struck a couple of times and encased.
Old 2008-05-11, 5:55pm
Burning through glass

Jenny, that's an awesome color!
Congrats Hayley!!

Renee

Custom Supplies:

&
Old 2008-06-17, 5:10pm
da General

I posted this in other threads but thought it belongs here too . . . got one rod of Green Dalai with my prize and it's awesome encased!

with Gaia frit

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-06-17, 6:27pm

That's really beautiful, Hayley!

Old 2008-06-18, 4:50pm
Rare Florida Native

I just ordered some glass and I have to say that Jenny is awesome!

Thanks Jenny - you have a new customer!

BTW - glad I found this thread - lots of great info.

Love the bead Hayley