Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-11-20, 6:02pm
Dangerous Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayes View Post
As far as trading goes it wouldn't have to be just satake, I'm interested in all coe's of soft glass. Just thought i'd mention that.
I got 90, vintage 96ish, and 104 as well as the satake! The only thing I'm really short on is cash.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-11-20, 6:47pm

I have no soft glass. Will ya take cold hard cash?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My Etsy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-11-20, 10:19pm
No Problem!

Chris I would be into grabbing a few pieces of this too. It's looking really nice.
I've got some Reichenbach 96 that I could swap too.
The "single veils" would be ideal IMO since I would just be twisting it up. OTOH the double veil probably looks nice twisted up too.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-11-21, 4:04am
Boro Brat

For a color, how about Magic Mirror? I'm thinking that might be a fun one to use as a veiled cane

Old 2008-11-21, 9:19am

i use it as murrini for barnacles on my aquatic designs.
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2008-11-21, 12:00pm
product of the universe

I wasn't able to make tubing last night, so i spent the night working on the draw process for the cane. I made some major success in the development. I got up today and was back at it again making some silver strike,and amazon jewel single veil cane. I'll cut it up in awhile and get some pics up later.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-11-22, 12:45pm
product of the universe

Sorry about the delay in the pics i was working til 6 in the morning on stuff and really didn't have a chance to take em. But here they are.
Attached Images

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-11-23, 5:16pm
sunscreen me baby

I don't care about rod thickness, I don't care about length (although longer is better) and I really want some!! When, where and how?

~

Old 2008-11-24, 10:22pm
product of the universe

I'll hopefully have this available in the next couple weeks.I'm gonna order up some colors specifically for doing this. I've been testing the stuff i've made to make sure its all up to par.So far everything is good. Also it looks like cursive writing could be a interesting thing to do with the single veil. I've also gotta go over some things and figure out a price. I'll keep you guys updated with my progress.

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-11-25, 12:20pm
Mandrel Slayer

Those two are great Chris.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2008-11-30, 3:34pm
product of the universe

I'm still working on this when i have the time. I have done a few more and the more i make this stuff, I realize the infinite possibilities of things that can be done. Right now i'm just making this in small batches of 1-2 lbs but will go larger when i invest in colors to do this. As of right now i gotta go through my personal color supply and not touch what Matt and i are using on the tubing.

Also Dogmaw is gonna be the initial tester for this stuff. I will get a good variety of colors for her to test out and we will see where this project goes from there.

I'm really hoping within the next two weeks this will be available.

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-11-30, 8:01pm
Satake Woman!

Woo hoo!!!! I can't wait to test this stuff. Talk about a Christmas present to me.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2008-11-30, 8:03pm

You lucky, lucky dawg! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-12-05, 6:14pm
FreeAssociatesVeryFreely

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipyr View Post
I'd be interested in trying some out. I wonder what purple thunder would look like in a veiled cane...with silver colors, would there be opportunity to trap a little bit of haze in there during the process of creating it? I imagine that would be really pretty.
i would so love to see that , too, as well as magic mirror

Old 2008-12-05, 6:15pm
FreeAssociatesVeryFreely

Oh ! i would so love to try some... they are gorgeous..

Old 2008-12-12, 7:49pm
product of the universe

Quote:
Woo hoo!!!! I can't wait to test this stuff. Talk about a Christmas present to me.
I'm sure you'll be happy when you open the package. I also threw in some larger cane stock. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

I'm also thinking of vine cane, and a few other things.There is just so much to do i've got a lot of ideas and not enough time.

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-12-12, 7:52pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

<stalk>

<stalk>

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-12-13, 8:16am
Cali4nia baby

Ohhhh ohhhhh the suspense is KiLLinggggg me - hurry with pics puhleeez So where can I get some of the purple thunder batch ?? ( can you make it with silver beach or tan silver?) my mind is swirling .....

Last edited by FairyVerre; 2008-12-13 at 8:17am. Reason: added
Old 2008-12-19, 2:33am
product of the universe

It can be made with any color.

I'm thinking i should take what i got made and make up a bunch of samplers with a rod of each color.

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-12-19, 11:20am
Master Procrastinator

Sounds like a great plan to me Chris. Where can I get some?

Old 2008-12-19, 4:31pm
product of the universe

I'll post it here when its all done up.

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-12-19, 7:00pm
ManBearPig

I'd love to try some. I finally got around to making a few ornaments with that black and white tube you sent me. The tube worked great. The person working the tube, well....

At least one of them came out. I'll try to get some pics soon, but if the quality of the veiled cane is anywhere close to the tube, it will be a great seller.

Old 2008-12-19, 7:54pm
Bust It Big

Have you ever tried coil potting with this cane to see what kind of effects inflations would resut??

Old 2008-12-22, 10:42am
product of the universe

The wait is over i have 16 quarter pound plus bundles containing 6 different canes each. To start it off i'm asking 25$ per bundle which includes shipping.

As far as payment I can accept visa/mastercard, a check or soft glass trade.

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-12-22, 4:36pm
Master Procrastinator

OOOOH. I'd love some of this if I can work out a trade. I have lots of soft glass, mostly 104 COE in reg. & specialty colors. Anything in particular that you're looking for?

Old 2008-12-23, 3:49pm
product of the universe

Laj i'm down for trading for some of the specialty colors or effetre apricot.

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-12-25, 8:36pm
Dangerous Woman

PMing you.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-12-26, 12:42pm
Mandrel Slayer

pm'd you.

Thanks,
Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2008-12-27, 11:01am
Satake Woman!

Sorry for the delay in my report on this glass, but my mom had some health problems and I've just gotten back in town. First of all, I adore this glass! No bubbles, no nasty streaking, a pure joy to work with. I can't say enough good things about the glass. I've been using it for the most part on hollow pieces. Here are some of my experiments.
Attached Images

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2008-12-27, 1:41pm
Cali4nia baby

What colors are in the bundle?