Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2007-08-10, 3:56pm

Apologies for a late response...I've been out of town or out of it. What a miserable three weeks! No operating system on my computer or very ill.
Anyway, I've received some beautiful submissions.

As they come in I "place them" in my mind. But I'm just finishing a book and Marj and I are just getting started on the next, so there are no hard dates yet.

Keeping it on file means that I recognize that the bead may no longer be available -- I would ask you to make something similar if I needed it.

Deanna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-08-16, 6:10pm
Boro Brat

Are pendants considered "beads" for these books, or should I wait for a "call for pendants?" Is boro welcome?

Old 2007-08-19, 7:32am

Pendants welcome! Last I looked they had a hole....

Boro welcome too.

Deanna

Old 2007-08-19, 9:20am
sunscreen me baby

So you will let us know if the bead is or is not going in your file?

~

Old 2007-08-22, 11:20am

Every bead is going into my file! Never know, and never know how much someone will improve in the time it takes to get to the next book.

I am hoping the rough draft is finished by October so we can let people know the topic of the book we are currently working on.

Deanna

Old 2007-09-16, 1:59pm

Dang, I forgot about this... is it too late or are you still accepting?

Also what was the answer to one of those first questions... will we be able to make and sell that particular bead/set again? Or will you have full copyright on it?

Thanks Deanna, will look for an answer. Not sure how often you check this thread.
Jo
Old 2007-09-18, 5:42am

This is an on-going call for entries. -- I have about ten books in my head! So as bead submissions come in, I file them for future reference.

Not full copyright, the image rights for the bead(s) I choose.

Deanna

Old 2007-09-18, 7:33am

Perfect, thanks!
Old 2007-10-19, 2:08am
Bitten by the travel bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin Dove View Post
If you love a bead you have made and sold, make something like it to submit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin Dove View Post
Keeping it on file means that I recognize that the bead may no longer be available -- I would ask you to make something similar if I needed it.

Deanna
Hi, Just wanted to clarify these two posts above - they seem a bit contradictory. If the beads are on file indefinitely, and can be remade if they have gone before being selected, then does it make any difference if they are already sold when submitted?

Thanks

Suz

Old 2007-10-19, 2:22am
I'm a lilac!

Deanna, I keep meaning to submit... things have just been so busy. If it is not too late for this book, hopefully I can get it together enough for a subsequent one.

Old 2007-10-19, 6:16am

Sold and published are two different things....I'm trying to get a lot of "virgin" beads.

You are right it gets very confusing! Deanna

Old 2007-10-20, 6:25am

Hi Deanna I am interested also in being a part of this however am a little confused. Which is commom for me! Are you looking for "virgin" as in something never seen before or our "signature" work if there is such a thing. Or does it matter? Must your bead have a hole clear through as I do vessesl both ways. Lots of questions..sorry.
Pam Wolfersberger

STOP to see my new etsy shop!

Old 2007-10-22, 11:27pm
Bitten by the travel bug

hmm, ok, im going to assume Sold is ok then...even though in that first comment I quoted, you said no, to make another one like it.

thanks - now to start thinking about what might be suitable (and trying to remember what I sent to the 'women in glass' issue of the flow! (so I dont double up!)

Old 2007-10-26, 9:54am

Now I'm completely confused!

Send me pictures--we'll muddle through. I do need the bead in hand to take pictures of, so if it is sold, I will want something similar.

Deanna

Old 2008-01-20, 7:13pm
New Grandma

Are you still loking for beads its been a while since the last post.
Old 2008-01-27, 6:28am
Deb M.

I'd be interested to know if you are still looking for submissions!?!

Old 2008-02-02, 8:37am
SandyQ

me too me too me too
Old 2008-02-21, 10:09am

I'm sorry I haven't been around....busy working and I get so easily distracted, I needed to hole up!

Anyway, the current book is about done and I'm hoping just two weeks from the going to press. It's called Encase It! I think I'm out of room, but if you have something send it anyway, just in case something comes up.

Please--no bubbles!

Deanna