Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2011-10-04, 11:39am

Lightbulb Call for Consignment Art Glass Products

Val (skippystretch) and I (Cheryl) are in the throes of launching a brand new flameworking studio and retail shoppe in the charming town of Port Hope, Ontario. We are aiming for a November open house to capture the Christmas market. We plan to keep consignment sales as an ongoing part of the shoppe's product line.

We are looking for a variety of flameworked, fused (and otherwise made of glass) high quality jewellery and retail ready glass art objects for consignment consideration.

The following products are open for consideration:

- high quality finished jewellery pieces of various price points
(i.e., earrings, necklaces, bracelets, corsages, capped and cored beads, fused pendants, off mandrel pendants etc.)
- fused or glass blown works - small enough to be shipped (plates, bowls, pendants, hair ties etc.)
- cold worked glass objects and jewellery items
- glass products (i.e. Art pens, kaleidoscopes, pen stands etc.)
- hanging glass ornaments and icicles
- seasonal glass items - looking for winter items currently)
- individual consideration of other items would be considered

We would also be interested in flamework instructional (dvd's, books etc) or glass products of interest to lampworkers/fusers for incorporation in their own work as well as any new and interesting glass work tool products.

If you are interested in allowing us to promote your product via consignment sale, please contact me for details at torchandmarverATgmailDOTcom. I would appreciate a couple of photos of the intended style of work.

Deadline for submissions for this round is October 12th, 2011.

Thank you!

Valerie and Cheryl
Shoppe details and website in the works. We are a little busy just now!

Last edited by Torch&Marver; 2011-10-20 at 7:24pm.
Old 2011-10-05, 7:17pm

Hmmm sounds very interesting. I do (professionally) all of the above ... stained & fused glass by day, lampwork and jewelry by night and weekends.

What would be the conisgnment rate?

Thank you
Cheryl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-10-06, 3:39pm

Sorry, Cheryl. I didn't see this post until just now!

Consignment rate is 70/30 (That is - The Artist gets 70, we keep 30). We charge HST and submit on top of retail price so there's no obligation on your part. You pay postage (insured) one way. We pay the return in the event your work does not sell after the 90 day period. Cheques will be paid monthly for anything that has sold. Option to renew after 90 days might be negotiable depending on exhibit demand.

We will be fully insured and have security measures (cameras and monitored alarms) in place. We will have a consignment agreement available shortly for you to peruse and decide if the terms are agreeable to you.

If you need further information, just ask!

To send links to your photos including your general retail prices, please send to torchandmarver@gmail.com

We will be getting back to everyone after the October 12, 2011 deadline for submissions.

Last edited by Torch&Marver; 2011-10-06 at 3:50pm.
Old 2011-10-12, 5:48am

Thank you to everyone who responded! We had an impressive number of replies.

We will be sorting through and I will be forwarding Consignment Agreements within a day or so!

If this is something that interests you, we will be looking for new consignments for three months from now. This will be an ongoing and ever-changing facet of the business. If you wish us to represent your work and agree to the terms on the website www.torchandmarver.com then please send an email to me at torchandmarver@gmail.com for consideration in the next exhibit!

Cheryl & Val