Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-04-25, 10:24am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi all, it was a GLORIOUS time in Vegas, the show was fabulous...and the extra 9 days off was wonderful!
Did an etched window in Portland on way home and landed back here a couple days ago to a dead PC ;(. Well, new PC being built and should have it tomorrow, can't wait to have a newer one anyway, it was 5 years old, lol!

Will catch up more in a week or two but hope to see some of you I met in Vegas coming to GS West! If you need more info I can send you a newsletter, just PM me.

Off to garden today...it is beautiful outside!
Hugs! deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by deb c; 2013-04-26 at 7:38am.
Old 2013-04-26, 12:28am
Glassy Broad :-)

Welcome home Deb! Glad the show was fabo, and extra days? Like ya need them?
Sorry about the pc, that sucks, but happy for you that have another one on the way. I LOVE my new computer! (I have Windows
Can't wait to hear all the news

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2013-04-29, 4:32am

For all the John K. fans in here, he will be doing a live demo in June, from the Corning Upstream link. Should be full of info! Of course, nothing like taking the class with him this year at Glass Stock!!!
Here it is, mark your calendars!
http://www.cmog.org/event/live-strea...on-john-kobuki

Old 2013-05-07, 6:58am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi all, I am back up to speed and I LOVE this new PC my son built for me...it is lightning fast and so many new things to learn and use, woohoo! Been working for 4 years to clean up 10 years of piles of stuff left everywhere on my property and FINALLY took the last load of metal to recycling and last load to dump. NO more piles of crap, wood, trash or junk (not fun cleaning up someone else's trash piles, but feels great to get it out of here)! I also got the last of that invasive, tenacious bamboo out of here, woohoo! The place has never looked this good, I am very happy!

One of the attendees sent me an email about lodgings that weekend:

"Thought you should give the participants a heads up: The weekend of our Glass Stock West is a very busy hotel weekend. There is a Football game and the hotels are just about full for that weekend- also they are charging lots more for the weekend because they can!"

So better get the lodgings squared away as soon as possible!

Off to enjoy the wonderful weather here in my garden!
Hugs, deb

Last edited by deb c; 2013-05-07 at 7:14am.
Old 2013-05-07, 8:54am
I'm meeeeelting

You've been a busy girl.

Here's a link to a house I rented a couple of years ago for Glass Stock. The owners were very professional and nice to work with. It's a cute, very clean house, reasonably priced and will pretty comfortably sleep 4 or 5. I would probably have rented it again but found a house just over 1/2 mile from Cornerstone and went with that one, instead. http://www.vrbo.com/356627 If several people want to get together on lodging, a rental house is a great way to go. You get common area to hang out in, a kitchen/fridge for packing lunches and making breakfast and it'll probably cost less per person than a hotel.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2013-05-07, 1:47pm

Is there a list of lodging close by? I am unfamiliar with the area. I can check for myself, if I knew exactly where the class location is.
Felisha, are you thinking of roomates for the house your renting?

Old 2013-05-07, 1:56pm
I'm meeeeelting

I'm sorry, but I have a full house already. For hotels, I'd suggest googling Cornerstone Glass (you want the 1068 West 2nd lAve location). Run your cursor over the map that comes up in the google search. A box will pop up. If you click on the search nearby option in the box and type in "hotels", it'll pull up a list of hotels. I've always done a rental house, so I don't know anything about the hotels. I think I've heard mention of a Holiday Inn Express from a few people, though.

Last year, I helped connect people looking to share lodging. I have no idea whether anyone ended up sharing as I didn't hear back from anyone. Deb, if you want to send out an email letting people know to email me if they're looking for roommates as you did last year, I'm happy to compile a list and email those who are looking with each other's contact info.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2013-05-11 at 8:42pm.
Old 2013-05-08, 7:30am
Wooohooo,GS!

Felicia, you are SO wonderful!!! I was hoping you would volunteer again I will send out an email this weekend with the room/ride share info (wasn't sure you had the time to help with a sick puppy!).

Dawn, thanks for your phone #, will be calling everyone the weekend of June 1-2 for classes. There are quite a few folks that share rooms/rides...I will have Felicia handle getting folks together.

I wish we had room at the Garden Hostel but we are full with 8 folks too.

Just can't wait....this will be the best year yet...we will have the full on party Sat night since classes have been reformatted to end that afternoon....with fun contests and drawings on Sunday. We will also be having an Art Faire Sunday/Monday...more on that in June newsletter!

You are all the best!
xo deb

Old 2013-05-09, 7:12am
JulieV

Seriously? Cannot not believe my luck. Now to get organized!

Felicia, just waiting to hear from a friend if she needs a roommate. Once I hear from her, I'll be in touch with you....

Old 2013-05-11, 7:12pm
honorary bead lady

Cornerstone is at
1068 W 2nd Ave
Eugene, OR 97402

A
Americas Best Value Inn
1140 W 6th Ave, Eugene, OR
(541) 343-0730 ‎ · bestvalueinneugene.com

B
Econo Lodge
1190 W 6th Ave, Eugene, OR
(541) 342-7273 ‎ · econolodgeeugeneor.com

C
Express Inn & Suites
990 W 6th Ave, Eugene, OR
(541) 868-1520 ‎ · expressinn.net

G
Red Carpet Inn
1055 W 6th Ave, Eugene, OR
(541) 345-0579 ‎ · redcarpetinneugene.com

E
Executive Motel
1040 W 6th Ave, Eugene, OR
(541) 683-4000 ‎ · executivemotel.net

I
Eugene Whiteaker International Hostels
970 W 3rd Ave, Eugene, OR
(541) 343-3335 ‎ · eugenehostels.com

Just to make it easier L to R... G, J, B, A, F, H, C, E, D I is SE of Cornerstone
Attached Images

Last edited by houptdavid; 2013-05-13 at 4:47pm.
Old 2013-05-12, 4:26pm

Yay! Thanks for the info

Old 2013-05-13, 9:31am
JulieV

Nicely done David. Had I not been invited into a group house, this would've been invaluable to me. Thanks!

Old 2013-05-20, 6:55pm

Whoop whoop! Julie is staying with us.

Old 2013-05-23, 9:42pm
Wooohooo,GS!

David, YOU are awesome....I adore you! Isn't he great Dawn?

Julie, we are so glad to have you join the family! Deb, great job making room for her!

I just got back from a trip north for a week long job, quick visit with family and then helping a friend with her Mom who broke her hip for a couple days.

Back home now and getting ready for class selections, yay!
I will be sending out the June newsletter a tad early with selection info again in case you need it. If I have emailed you for a phone number we need it this next week at latest so we can reach everyone the weekend of June 1-2nd.

BIG hugs all 'round!
deb

Old 2013-05-24, 5:11am
JulieV

Thanks Deb and Deb! Really looking forward to it.

Old 2013-05-27, 7:31am
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post
David, YOU are awesome....I adore you! Isn't he great Dawn?
Old 2013-05-28, 7:52am
Wooohooo,GS!

Yes, thanks Deb again and Julie, woohoo!
David, you are just so adorable! I have to remember this year to make that hummingbird for your sweet wife!
deb

Old 2013-05-29, 6:58am

I dont know about everyone else, but I am finding it so difficult to narrow down the class choices!
You guys did a great job with the variety that's offered.

Old 2013-05-29, 6:38pm
JulieV

Ya, me too. I'm thinking I'll just wait to see what's left cuz I want to take em all.

Old 2013-05-29, 7:33pm
honorary bead lady

Just as long as you don't want to learn human forms and perfume bottles
Old 2013-05-29, 7:50pm

Lol.... well.......... maybe

Old 2013-05-31, 2:22pm

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!
Tomorrow is class pick day! Already! OMG where has the time gone to?
I'm soooooooo excited!!!
Everyone know what they want?
I personally need to clone myself
Yeah, I want 'em all!

Old 2013-05-31, 8:10pm

I have spent hours making schedules and re-doing them over and over!
So, my legal pad looks like a Eisenstein equation right now...lol
I can hardly imagine the time it took for everyone on the staff to put this event in motion!
My hats off to the event coordinators

Old 2013-05-31, 11:04pm
I'm meeeeelting

LOL. Been there. Done that.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-06-01, 8:22am
Wooohooo,GS!

Aw, thanks Dawn! Thanks everyone! Until the event actually happens I am the sole coordinator. It takes me 9 months work on each event to get it all going. After 11 years I have honed it into a process of deadlines I make for parts of each every month.
When we get close I have staff help with T-shirt sizes, name tags, auctions and contests. The staff are always glad to help and I couldn't do it without them!
It really does take a village to make this event rock more each year! It takes the whole "family" to make it so incredible every year, thank you to all who attend, you all make it so special!
I am behind getting the art work done for the T-shirts, that is next on my must get done list!

I look at it as the best vacation I could ever have and every year it just gets better and better! Near the event time the staff are invaluable...especially Hugh (my man-rock!). He has been an incredible right hand during these events and I would be lost without him, yay Hugh!

I am super excited to talk to you all, I will have help again this year...so you will get one of us as we take turns. Otherwise my ear would fall off with so many phone calls!

We will try 2x to reach people and then move on...if you missed a call just call the number back and we'll return your call as soon as we can!
Woohooo....glad I don't have to pick, I would want them all too!
BIG glassy smiles!
deb

Old 2013-06-01, 6:29pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Sign up was a blast as always! A big thanks to Jackie for taking turns with calls and writing! It went pretty fast....thanks to everyone for being so enthusiastic, especially at the end with a lot of no, sorries! In the end everyone got most if not all of their choices so we are super happy too!

The full classes will be posted by tomorrow in case anyone else is thinking of jumping in. Check to see what is still open and then PM me to get in. We can take maybe 4-5 more folks.

A big thanks to all of you for the great warm fuzzies and appreciation!!!
xoxo deb

Old 2013-06-02, 2:27pm

Doing the happy dance here!!! Did I get every class that I was dreaming for? Not hardly, I mean realistically can that ever happen? Naw, but you know what? I know in my heart of hearts, it's going to be every bit as awesome as last year (which was my first) if not better! And the reason is the GS family! I love you all and am so looking forward to becoming a part of this family!!!!
WOOOOO HOOOO COME ON AUGUST!!!

Old 2013-06-02, 6:35pm

Yeah the excitement mounts. I love my glassy stock people. Deb you are the sweetest person ever. Loves you. I got all of the classes I wanted. I am super happy. Going to bring the walker I dread using and rarely do but for this I will so you can all recognize me. Maybe you can help me bling it out. LOL

Anyways..going to start making fishies, trade beads...figuring out what to demo...so awesome...I am going to make this happen. Hubby is coming with and being my chauffer.

SEE Ya ALL REALLY SOON.
JO
Old 2013-06-02, 6:39pm
I'm meeeeelting

Oh, we can help you bling it out, all right.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-06-02, 10:41pm

OOO OOO I'd love to help Felicia Although it might be too heavy to use when we get done with it !

I'm still on cloud 9 after the scheduling yesterday!
Now...what to demo, what to demo? Have NO clue yet!
I'm grinning from ear to ear tho!
(feeling a bit better after surgery and even melted a bit O'Glass today)
:love"