Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2014-05-04, 8:19pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
Sigh. No. I suck. I'm just not into doing sculptural stuff.
So stick a mandrel thru it
Old 2014-05-04, 8:25pm
I'm meeeeelting

ROFL, Deb. I didn't mean that I suck at ALL beads just that I suck for not wanting to make sculptural beads. It's not the off-mandrel part of it, David. I like doing off mandrel stuff, but I'm way more interested in drawing with stringer than building shapes.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by artsyuno; 2014-05-04 at 8:37pm.
Old 2014-05-04, 11:48pm
Glassy Broad :-)

Isn't that what makes us all "special" (special ed. for my friend David ) all the different styles and likes and dislikes? I'd make many more beads if I didn't have to clean them
We're gonna have so much fun, I can't wait!!!
Felicia, thanks
So who else is going?? Inquiring minds and all that!

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2014-05-05, 7:35am
Sucks at being nice

Deb made me cry and gave me the best early birthday present ever! I was awarded one of the scholarships and the best part is she said they really want me there and they love my work! I am thrilled beyond words and can't wait for August!

Thank you Deb! (((Hugs)))

Old 2014-05-05, 9:15am

Yay Jody! Your going to love it. Looking forward to meeting you.
I was new last year, and can tell you to jump in! There is so much going on all the time, that you will never be able take it all in.
Now, I am doing a demo this year, and may be over my head! Lol... I am good at getting into things over my head. I must like the pressure.
I just love this group

Old 2014-05-05, 9:16am

Oh, and Alicia, I leared so much from your building shapes last year. Love love love your work!

Old 2014-05-05, 12:56pm
I'm meeeeelting

Thanks, Dawn. Putting balls all over beads is fun. You don't have try to make it look like something recognizeable.

Jody, yay! I look forward to meeting you.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2014-05-05, 1:18pm
Sucks at being nice

I can't wait to meet all of you either! I am now obsessing over the class list. Come on August!

Old 2014-05-05, 1:25pm

I has a happy too!
Summer is going to fly by and it will be August before we know it!
Right? RIGHT???
So looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting the new folks!

Old 2014-05-05, 8:35pm
honorary bead lady

Hey Deb how about I change up my demo?

Old 2014-05-06, 8:24am

JC Herrell (who is one of the featured artist at GS West) came up to Whistler Molten Experience last weekend and gave a demo on her stringer control and enamels. If you can get into her class I highly recommend it. I will take your designs to a whole new level, and she is fun!!
I am posting pictures of what I was playing with when I got home. I haven't got there yet but I am having fun trying.
Attached Images

Old 2014-05-06, 8:31am
I'm meeeeelting

Those are so cool, Deb! I took a class from JC several years ago and am looking forward to another one. She's fantastic.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2014-05-06, 9:30pm

WOw!
Those are amazing!
Oh... and the stringers are really cool too

Old 2014-05-12, 8:38am

The stringers are hair thin and are a real challenge to work with but JC Herrell gives you some tips on getting better results.

Old 2014-05-19, 3:01pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Wow, awesome Deb! JC is such a kick to hang with too, she had the room next to Polly and I in Vegas, we sure had some fun! She is so talented!

Uh, David...ok, I loves ya, but...no switching sex of horse in middle of stream!

Jody and Nita, I know...it seems far away but it will be here before we know it, yay!

Dawn, I agree, Deb is way better than she thinks she is

Well, my first tomatoes are on (I will have fresh tomatoes for the first time in 15 years!) and my baby chickens are now in our coop, that was due time to get them out of studio! They sure grow fast, I think we may have a rooster in the bunch....sigh...it is the tamest one too, likes to be petted...sure has been fun and in a few months, fresh eggs!

Ah, summer, I ate the best rainbow trout in a long time, we have been doing a lot more fishing since settling in, I caught the 2 1/2 pound native trout a few miles from the new place, we had a whole stringer full!

Getting ready for class selections weekend, remember to send that tuition in right on June 1st for best choices, the info is in your May newsletter. If you haven't signed up yet, jump on in, the line up is fabulous!

Off for some sun and gardening,
Much glassy love!
deb

Old 2014-05-19, 6:17pm

Deb, it's just a blink away!!
I has a happy today! 7 seahorses in the kiln! Working smaller seems to be helping my shoulder, and that in itself is a happy thing! Not sure if I'll list them or save them for Glass Stock and the Art Fair. I had so much fun last year!
So I have a ?? What's everyone doing for their Demo this year? Inquiring minds and all that
I've no clue, yet again!

Last edited by Nitadee; 2014-05-19 at 6:18pm. Reason: Can't type well with long fingernails! LO!
Old 2014-05-25, 7:19am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hey Nita, I know, time is flying!
Not sure if I'll do a shell or a fish, probably a shell.
I think you should do one of your adorable penguins!

I am working on my grand son's quilt next few days, will be fun!
We are staying home this holiday weekend, Hwy 101 is always crazy
in the summer so we will hide out, barbeque and hit the kiddie pool, lol!
Babyback ribs and corn on the que...yum!

What are you folks up to?
hugs, deb

Old 2014-05-25, 12:47pm

Getting closer..... yay!

Old 2014-05-25, 3:06pm
I'm meeeeelting

Yum. I want to come for dinner, Deb. I'm making beads this weekend, paying bills, running a couple of errands. Mostly just happy to have a long weekend.

I have no clue what I'm going to demo. That's a project to figure out sometime in August.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2014-05-25, 3:57pm
honorary bead lady

Ya know if someone was to get one of these at wally world...

and some...

Along with some stuff for dry rub

we could have...

just sayin
Old 2014-05-25, 7:01pm
I'm meeeeelting

OMG. Yum.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2014-05-27, 7:17am
Wooohooo,GS!

YUM! David, when are you coming to cook all that meat?????
Felicia, would have loved your company...the ribs were perfect, they go great with my favorite beer (Overcast, an espresso stout, love dark beer!) plus the weather played nice too!

It is getting closer, 3 months to go to the best friends and ultimate glassy goodness!

This year's theme is Pirates, been working on the shirt art, simpler this year on black shirts! Got some great gag attire for Hugh and I already...he better wear it! So get your pirate on this year, can't wait to see the hats and jammies, lol!

Off to feed the chickens and fire up!
deb

Old 2014-05-27, 8:30am
I'm meeeeelting

Hugh would make a great pirate.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2014-05-27, 9:02pm
honorary bead lady

We could do it for GSW on at 9 pm off at 10am ish for lunch
Old 2014-06-02, 4:29pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi Guys!
Hugh will make a great pirate and David, you're hired!

I have had a lot of calls with the frustration of my PO BOX and payments. I did this for several reasons, one of which is my mailbox is far down my street and not very safe to have lots of large checks sitting in there. Also, USPS does overnight for not much more than other companies as well as them assuring me I could sign and collect them there.

I gave this a lot of thought, also make it as fair as possible! There are a few other reasons but mostly not safe.

Next year I will have purchased a new place and we will be past this temporary hurdle

SO sorry for the hassle but at least it is only once a year!
Thanks for understanding!
deb

Old 2014-06-02, 5:23pm
Type ZZZ personality

Hey kids! Can't wait to see you all this fall! (Except Deb T... waaaahhh! but congrats to your son.)

Here is a one sheet of the GSW schedule -- easy reference and can tuck it into your pocket.
http://www.rusticstudio.com/downloads_home.htm

Have fun choosing your classes! Don't worry, you can't go wrong!

Deb, your grandson is adorbs!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2014-06-02, 7:19pm
I like to melt things

I sent my money order today, and I sent you an updated phone number for calling me on class selection day. Can't wait to see everyone!

-
-
Old 2014-06-02, 8:03pm
Wooohooo,GS!

I had a though about Canadian folks, what if next year you mail your check early to another attendee in the states and then you can have then mail it overnight with theirs and split costs...just a thought....
And you US folks can overnight to a PO BOX with USPS no problem!

Hope this helps!
Hugs, deb

Old 2014-06-02, 9:16pm

Wanted to give you all a heads up here, as I did on FB. If you are in Canada, and want to order glass, but save on shipping, have it come to my address, and I'll deliver it to GS for you! I did this last year for Becky, and it saved her some $$.
OR even if you are here in the states, and need some specialty glass, tools, or what have you for GS, I'll gladly share my address, and again, bring it to the event.
Hugs Hugs and more Hugs!

Old 2014-06-03, 3:27pm
Finally doing what I love

Wow! That is such a nice offer Nita! I'm going to look into that.
Canadians really pay a tonne for shipping! We have some suppliers in Canada
but not many. Some items are just impossible to get here. I've paid more in
shipping then the cost of the glass... Sad huh?

Christina

Do what you Love and Love what you do!