Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-01-23, 4:56pm
Formerly SirWatson

Exclamation 3rd Annual Missouri Bead Retreat!!!

It's that time again! Time to start planning for the annual Missouri Bead Retreat! We're only 4 short months away, so be sure to bust out your calendars and mark down the dates!

Here's the information on this year's event:

What: 3rd Annual MO Bead Retreat
When: Friday, May 16th, 2008 - Monday, May 19th, 2008
Where: Alhonna Resort, Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
Cost: $60/person (includes 3 nights!)

4 SPOTS LEFT!!!!
Please contact Karla to be placed on the Waiting List. You may also contact the Alhonna Resort directly to inquire about your own accomodations. There are a few hotels that are several miles from the resort as another alternative. (There's a Baymont Inn located about 8 miles from the resort, there's also the Lodge of the Four Seasons which is closer, but probably a bit pricier.)

We've reserved 4, four bedroom condos right on the lake! These condos are all a part the same building and contain extremely large, covered decks, which are perfect for torching! The set up has worked out perfectly last few years, and I can't wait to do it again! We have a total of 48 spots available, so be sure to sign up today!

Why should I go?
To socialize, make beads, eat, make beads, relax, more eating and making even more beads! It's incredibly fun and a great way to watch others work, participate in demos/activities or just to relax in general!

When's the deadline to sign up?
The deadline to send in your payment is April 1st. Even with 48 spots, we'll fill up quickly so be sure to claim yours today! If you want to send a payment via snail mail, check out the RAOGK section for my address. Payments can also be made via PayPal. Please send $62 (the $2 help cover the PayPal fees) to karla[at]sirwatson[dot]com.

Do I need to bring anything?
Yes! Besides yourself, be sure to bring some food or drinks to share, torches or lampworking equipment and of course....BEADS! We'll have sign up sheets (on the website) where people can volunteer to bring specific items, so be sure to check those out!

How do I get there?
The Lake of the Ozarks is centrally located in Missouri and easy to access from anywhere. It's about a 3 hour drive from St. Louis or Kansas City. Visit the MO Bead Retreat website for maps and directions.

Do I have to stay for all 3 nights?
Nope, but you'll want to! Unless, you're staying for the day only, all retreat-attendees will need to pay the $60/person to help cover the reservations for all 3 nights.

Sounds like fun! Where do I learn more?
Be sure to visit the Missouri Bead Retreat website at: www.mobeadretreat.com. The website is actually a Yahoo! group, so you'll need to join the group to have access to the information files. Be sure to read the "General Information about the Missouri Bead Retreat" (in the Files section), which contains important information about the event, costs, reserving your spot and how to pay.

Feel free to post general questions about the retreat in this thread! I'll be happy to answer them as soon as I get the chance! Thanks, and I hope to see you in May!!!

-Karla

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<><

Last edited by Solana; 2008-04-29 at 5:26pm.
Old 2008-01-23, 5:04pm
<--misses Austin buddies

Rock On Karla!!!! Whoo Hoo!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-01-23, 5:05pm
Meow.

Hip hip hoooray!

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2008-01-23, 5:16pm
ID10T Problem Solver

Payment sent!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2008-01-23, 5:17pm
Established Thinker I Am

I guess the countdown has begun!!!!!!

l
l
l
Old 2008-01-23, 5:19pm
Melt That Glass

I'd love to join in--starting a new job, so will need to see about the Friday off.

This sounds like fun.

Knight Bullet, 2 cons and tanked
Old 2008-01-23, 5:32pm

Argh! Just got the date for the Cabin and we're going to be on the same weekend again this year... sigh...

Old 2008-01-23, 5:36pm
Formerly SirWatson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancySellsGlass View Post
Argh! Just got the date for the Cabin and we're going to be on the same weekend again this year... sigh...
Dang it! Well...maybe some year we'll have our retreats on different weekends!

Either way, we should have some sort of "trans-midwest" bead retreat challenge!!! Hmmm......

I'll have to think this one through a little more.

<><
Old 2008-01-23, 5:56pm
Smooches!

I just sent my money in! WooHoo! Looking forward to a great time!

Miss Kate

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2008-01-23, 5:58pm
on hiatus...

I'm coming!! and some other Columbia glass crazies are coming too...
Old 2008-01-23, 6:04pm

Where do we send out money?
Old 2008-01-23, 6:07pm
Smooches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouisBiker View Post
Where do we send out money?
Hi Suzanne,
Here you go - highlighted in blue.

When's the deadline to sign up?
The deadline to send in your payment is April 1st. Even with 48 spots, we'll fill up quickly so be sure to claim yours today! If you want to send a payment via snail mail, you can do so by using the address listed in the RAOGK section. Payments can also be made via PayPal. Please send $62 (the $2 help cover the PayPal fees) to karla[at]sirwatson[dot]com.

Miss Kate

Last edited by Miss Kate; 2008-01-23 at 6:07pm. Reason: color
Old 2008-01-23, 6:32pm
Is it May yet?

I'll be there!!!

For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life
Old 2008-01-23, 6:33pm

Thank you Miss Kate!!

Suzanne
Old 2008-01-23, 6:33pm

YAY Venessa. I'm coming to your neck of the woods this weekend.
Old 2008-01-23, 6:57pm
Your Royal Fritness

Hi Karla,

This looks like so much fun! I just mapquested it and it about 11 hours from MI I'll have to give this some serious thought

Dawn

Old 2008-01-23, 7:00pm
Established Thinker I Am

Dawn~
I think anyone would tell you it is totally worth it.

l
l
l
Old 2008-01-23, 7:13pm
Formerly SirWatson

I'd love to see you again, Dawn! I hope you can make the trip, but totally understand if you can't.

<><
Old 2008-01-23, 7:24pm
Hakuna Matata

I’ll be bringing Chocolate Torts and and and some Gooey Butter cakes and and holding a PMC class.

Old 2008-01-23, 8:38pm
Optimistic Pariah

Paid this morning. Nick and I will be there. Can't wait to see all of you!

She laughed like someone who had thought hard about life and had seen the joke.

Old 2008-01-23, 9:14pm
Booger #7

Yippee!!!!

Old 2008-01-23, 9:17pm
Smooches!

Is it May yet?

Miss Kate

Old 2008-01-23, 9:26pm

Too bad I'm so far away...sounds like a lot of fun. I loved the pictures from your last retreat.

Collette
Old 2008-01-23, 9:46pm
<--misses Austin buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShibumiGlass View Post
Paid this morning. Nick and I will be there. Can't wait to see all of you!
ROBIN!!!!
We were talking about you this weekend -- were your ears burning?!?!?
It'll be SO GOOD to see you again!
~B

Old 2008-01-23, 9:47pm
<--misses Austin buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontag View Post
Too bad I'm so far away...sounds like a lot of fun. I loved the pictures from your last retreat.
No One is TOO far way collette! we have planes trains and automobiles! And I guarantee someone will pick youup and bring you in with them!

Old 2008-01-23, 9:48pm
still not Leslie

Location: Home the 2011 Worlds Series Champion St Louis Cardinals

ME! And I'll bring the soda!
Old 2008-01-23, 10:12pm
Metallic Flame Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by art-jewelry-designs View Post
I’ll be bringing Chocolate Torts and and and some Gooey Butter cakes and and holding a PMC class.
we'll all have to pitch in to bring ingred to make kosher crack balls too.....

Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004
Check out our new journey into Metal (yes, including tools) and glass...

Old 2008-01-23, 10:12pm
Nonsensical Me

How many people to a room?

Roxy

Old 2008-01-23, 10:13pm
Metallic Flame Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouisBiker View Post
YAY Venessa. I'm coming to your neck of the woods this weekend.
when ya comin' up? call ma cell #, k? 816 six nine five 8685.....

I'm meltin something this weekend too, not sure what COE yet!

Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004

Old 2008-01-23, 10:18pm
Metallic Flame Studios

ROBYNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN (and Nick of course!)

we're gonna hopefully have a larger number of guys there this year, it should prove "interesting" to say the least!!!

Hugs,

Stac