Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-08-04, 12:15pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

And don't forget to let me know if you start traveling for classes!!! We'd put you on the schedule at Bearden's, for sure!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by lripster; 2008-08-04 at 12:24pm.
Old 2008-08-04, 12:19pm
Boro Brat

After this class is over I will be opening my 2009 schedule, Lisa! I looooooove teaching and can't wait to start traveling!

Old 2008-08-04, 12:20pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Well, I tried today (yeha, on my minor with 1 concentrator). I made this one (it actually fell like a dozen times on my table when the punty broke off and off and off...)

I'll strike it in the kiln, the mirror shine is nice but not the look I was hoping for... Now I guess you all want to know which glass I used? I forgot, but I can look it up .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Last edited by Troll Lover; 2008-08-04 at 12:46pm.
Old 2008-08-04, 12:22pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Awesome, Anouk!!!! Whoo hoo!!!

Old 2008-08-04, 12:23pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Pipyr, let me know when you start scheduling those trips!!!!

Old 2008-08-04, 12:26pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Thanks Lisa! I'm happy with it (but also see a lot of improvement lol).

Pipyr, any advice how I can prevent the colors to get so dense? I really love the colorful see through look boro can get (and I don't get it, that may be obvious).

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-08-04, 12:27pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Anouk, you still got some decent color for a minor and one oxycon!!! I think that's a great first attempt!!!

Old 2008-08-04, 12:39pm

Well there's $20 that isn't making it to the Gathering! Mine, mine, all mine!

Thanks Pipyr!
Vanessa
Old 2008-08-04, 12:49pm
Boro Brat

OMG Anouk!!!!! What a fantastic start!!!! You will have a tough time getting the colors to really pop on your current set-up. You actually got very nice colors with what you have! It would definitely help to know what glass you used, because some will have a tendency to be more opaque than others. It does look like one of the colors was a bit overpowering in your cane (I still think it's pretty, though!)

You might try using a *gasp* non-silver transparent in place of one of the silver colors on your next cane. This will break up the silver and might give you more of the effect that you're after until that second concentrator gets to ya!

Fantastic start, though!!! I can't wait to see where you go with this!

So...has everyone else made creatures?? I'm waiiiiiiting!!

Old 2008-08-04, 12:55pm
Gimme that silver glass!

I'll look it up Pipyr and let you know. Oh and thank you! I actually feel it's nothing compared to what you (and I'm sure others will) make, but your tut is wonderful!

Oh and I couldn't help myself, I just had to buy one of your listed creatures...

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-08-04, 1:17pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

I haven't made it to the torch yet. It's probably 120 degrees in there with everything fired up, so I'll be torching into the wee hours of the morning Hopefully, I'll be posting a pic tomorrow.

Old 2008-08-04, 1:33pm
Boro Brat

Woohoo Lisa!!

Anouk, don't sell yourself short!! That is honestly an excellent start!!

Old 2008-08-04, 1:58pm
Lover of all things color

I tried to send a convo from work but it bombed off, should have known that wouldn't work. Eyes, I love the eyes, how about an eye tut. And until then put some up in the shop I need some eyes....LOL

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-08-04, 2:29pm
My opinion not needed

Just ordered mine!! THANK YOU SO MUCH SWEETIE!!!!!

Old 2008-08-04, 2:32pm
Boro Brat

Just wanted to let you all know that I put a direct link through my website that the tut can be bought from now for anyone who doesn't want to use etsy and to try to prevent the problem of people getting bounced out by etsy's checkout. The link:

Creature Tutorial Direct Purchase

This will work the exact same way as when you buy from etsy. I hope it will be easier for some people

Old 2008-08-04, 5:44pm
Boro Brat

I just got a (very nice) message from someone wondering when I would send their tutorial, which had been sent nearly 20 hours ago. Most of the orders that have come in have been sent out within minutes, with the exception of a few while I was asleep (which I sent when I woke up) If you haven't received a tutorial that you ordered from me, please let me know so I can try to send it again! I don't want anyone to have to wait!

Old 2008-08-04, 6:15pm
Mad about Glass

WOW!! Just ordered it. Can't wait.

The link above does go to an item that is listed as sold out. It is necessary to select all items for sale to find a buyable copy.

Jenn

[url]

Old 2008-08-04, 6:40pm
Boro Brat

You should have yours Jenn! Thanks for the reminder about the link, too...it's fixed now

Old 2008-08-04, 10:33pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

My creature is pregnant!!!

I have some practicin' to do!!! I'll post a pic tomorrow. Very fun, Pipyr!!!

Old 2008-08-04, 11:23pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Can't wait to see it Lisa!

Oh and Pipyr, I looked the colors up, it was Alaskan Thunder & Caramel Lustre for the body. Persimmon for the tentacles.

The other one I made has tentacles from triple passion and oh my, they are gorgeous if I may say so .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-08-05, 5:53am

Got it Pipyr! Thanks so much for writing such a thorough tut! Boro can be tricky even for just "plain" beads - I think you covered everything and I like your writing style too. Can't wait to get to the torch!

Sals
Old 2008-08-05, 7:50am
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lripster View Post

Woohoo!! Pictures!

Old 2008-08-05, 7:58am
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post
Can't wait to see it Lisa!

Oh and Pipyr, I looked the colors up, it was Alaskan Thunder & Caramel Lustre for the body. Persimmon for the tentacles.

The other one I made has tentacles from triple passion and oh my, they are gorgeous if I may say so .
Ok...those colors are both seriously loaded with silver and with all those metals coming to the surface due to the atmosphere of a minor on little oxy, that's probably the main reason your colors went more opaque and neutral. I would try thinner coatings of a silver color...maybe like a green amber purple or blue amber purple or something in that range and then use a non-silver transparent for the stripes. Chances are the silver in the base color will fume the stripes a bit and add some interest without being overly opaque looking

And...there's another one?? Don't be holding out on me!!

Old 2008-08-05, 7:59am
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarabella View Post
Got it Pipyr! Thanks so much for writing such a thorough tut! Boro can be tricky even for just "plain" beads - I think you covered everything and I like your writing style too. Can't wait to get to the torch!

Sals
Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Old 2008-08-05, 8:24am
Gimme that silver glass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipyr View Post
Ok...those colors are both seriously loaded with silver and with all those metals coming to the surface due to the atmosphere of a minor on little oxy, that's probably the main reason your colors went more opaque and neutral. I would try thinner coatings of a silver color...maybe like a green amber purple or blue amber purple or something in that range and then use a non-silver transparent for the stripes. Chances are the silver in the base color will fume the stripes a bit and add some interest without being overly opaque looking

And...there's another one?? Don't be holding out on me!!
Okay, Iīll try that tonight! Donīt think Iīve got the colors you mention, but I got a double amber purple if thatīs good enough?

And yeah, there is another one but he's quite hidious . I'll show you the tentacles though, they have a pretty color .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-08-05, 8:25am

Is anybody else excited about the prospect of baby creature pics?

Quote:

Old 2008-08-05, 8:52am
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post
Okay, Iīll try that tonight! Donīt think Iīve got the colors you mention, but I got a double amber purple if thatīs good enough?

And yeah, there is another one but he's quite hidious . I'll show you the tentacles though, they have a pretty color .
DAP will probably work too...just try to do a thin coating because it is an intense color. Triple passion would work in a similar way. A lot of colors are mostly interchangeable. DAP has more orange tones thatn triple passion, for example, but they work pretty much the same and give very similar results.

I use a lot of Momka's because she has some unique colors and I like the way they work, but as it shows in my tut I do use some colors from others as well. You will find a palette that gives you the colors you are looking for. Everyone gets something different depending on their working style, set-up, and flame chemistry

My first creature that I sold was green amber purple directly over a rod of egyptian white sands and then I made a cane out of it. I was on the same set-up you are, so you might try something like that, too Can't wait to see!

Old 2008-08-05, 8:54am
Boro Brat

Quote:

BTW, I know exactly what you mean by a "pregnant" creature I have made a few of those myself!! you need more heat on the inner curve next time and it will flow more gracefully. I can't wait to see it though!! Pics! Pics!

Old 2008-08-05, 8:55am
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim V View Post
Is anybody else excited about the prospect of baby creature pics?
I can't wait to see the babies that come out of the pregnant momma creature!! I wonder what they look like?? Are their tentacles fully formed at birth so there are big tentacles and the body has to grow into them? Or maybe it's the other way around?? This will be an interesting study

Old 2008-08-05, 12:47pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Okay, I made a thread in the Gallery. PLease come and support me and show me your creatures!

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...72#post1997072

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL: