AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2011-04-27, 4:17pm

Default The Horse Tutorial is (finally) ready!

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for your patience in waiting for this tutorial! After hours of work and much tweaking, it's now available in my Etsy shop!

This is a detailed, step by step tutorial on how I create one of my most popular horse beads!

This tutorial has 29 pages and 71 colour photographs plus bonus sketches that illustrate in simple steps how I create a black stallion portrait on a focal bead. A bonus gallery of beads as well as a list of resources for further design ideas will keep you inspired on your own creative path as you master these skills!

Due to the complexity of this design, I have chosen to show you a horse created in a single colour so as to keep this tutorial as simple as possible. There is a bonus section at the end of the tutorial with shading tips for those that want to pursue this design further and create horses of a different colour!

All glass used in this tutorial is 104 COE and is readily available in all glass supply shops. That said, you can also apply these techniques using other COE glass as well with successful results! The tools I use are basic tools that most lampworkers have on hand but can also be purchased in most glass supply shops if needed.

This tutorial is designed for the intermediate/advanced lampwork artist, however beginners will find this information useful in helping to enhance their skills at the torch as well.

This PDF is 1.2MB in size and will require Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and read. Due to the fact this information is in digital format, I cannot offer returns but I'm sure you will be delighted with this material! I am available should you have any questions or comments, feel free to email me anytime!

Please include the email address you want this file sent to in your comments section when you order and I will get your tutorial sent as soon as possible. You should receive your e-book within 24 hours but I will certainly do my best to get it to you sooner!

Thank you and Enjoy!

Check out my new DRAGON Tutorial now on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-04-27, 4:20pm

I got mine, ohhh I'm so excited.
Old 2011-04-27, 4:24pm

Oh yay!
Thank you Kerri!

- A work in progress

Old 2011-04-27, 4:28pm

Thank you, and you're welcome! Have fun!!

Old 2011-04-27, 4:37pm

just ordered mine!! I'm hoping this will inspire me to get on the torch and create something unique.

If you cannot stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 2011-04-27, 5:04pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Had to get the dragonfly tutorial--much closer to my heart!! But the horse....it is just simply beautiful Kerri
Thanks for sharing!!
Smiles, Sheri
Old 2011-04-27, 5:22pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I noticed you also have a white horse and a palomino in the pics on your tutorial listing. Are the colors/color blending info included?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-04-27, 5:56pm

Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much! This tutorial is just for the black stallion as pictured. There is a page of tips and tricks for shading at the end of the tutorial, but to illustrate shading in a tutorial format with pictures would have made it impossibly long to download! lol! I am considering a video format for a complete shading guide in the near future, though.

Old 2011-04-27, 6:39pm

Got mine!
Old 2011-04-27, 7:36pm

Got it, printing it and heading to the torch. I have tremors though, so it may look more like a squid, octopus or the "blob" when I get done with it. lol

If you cannot stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 2011-04-27, 7:37pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Squid are people too

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-04-27, 8:16pm

LOL! Melinda you are so funny! If you successfully make a squid be sure to teach us how to do it!

Old 2011-04-28, 3:00am
Glass my new Obsession

ordered mine.This has really made my day

Old 2011-04-28, 5:37am

Hip hip....hooray! Can't wait!

Old 2011-04-28, 2:02pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
Squid are people too
lol! Yes, squid are people too. I did make one last night. I will get a pic when the camera is charged. I do need to find some way to steady my hands. The more I concentrate, the more they twitch all over the place.

The tutorial is very good!!! Loads of step by step pictures.

Old 2011-04-28, 3:10pm
Keep on keepin' on...

Just ordered mine! I can't wait!
Old 2011-04-28, 3:18pm

I love your beads Kerri !
I just ordered mine, I have a couple of friends that have horses and asked me to make them a horse bead, can't wait to try it !
Old 2011-04-28, 3:18pm
Keep on keepin' on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie Mae View Post
Had to get the dragonfly tutorial--much closer to my heart!! But the horse....it is just simply beautiful Kerri
Thanks for sharing!!
Smiles, Sheri
Will you be making this tutorial available again? I don't see it on your etsy.
Old 2011-04-28, 5:10pm

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much! I'm hoping you all like it and I also hope you'll post your beads for us all to see! There are more tutorial copies available in my shop so please check back if you didn't see it before.

Thanks again!

Old 2011-04-28, 6:31pm
Sucks at being nice

I want this sooo bad but I'm going to have to wait. For anyone that is considering any of Kerri's tutorials I want to assure you that you will learn things that will help you with anything you do. I love all of the ones I have!

Thank you Kerri for sharing not only your fabulous skills but also showing us the possibilities for things that can be done in glass!

Old 2011-04-29, 11:19am

I ordered it. Can't wait to play this weekend.
Old 2011-04-29, 12:32pm

I ordered it! Not sure if I quite make intermediate, but someday I will.
I am really excited.
Bea
Old 2011-04-29, 10:04pm
Whooooo, me?

Great tutorial, Kerri! Here is my first shot.

Old 2011-04-29, 11:43pm

Oh Beth! Yowza, girl!!!! I hope you post this in the S&T!! Great job - I love the enamel background too! Thanks for posting for us to see!!!

Old 2011-04-30, 9:11am
Keep on keepin' on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildatHeart View Post
Great tutorial, Kerri! Here is my first shot.
Wow! Beautiful bead! I did one last night and it turned out looking more like a seahorse head...... I intend on practicing today. Your bead gives me encouragement!
Old 2011-04-30, 10:07am

Wow,Beth, great first horse bead!! I haven't had time yet to make one, gotta go to the market today.UGH....
I will post mine as soon as I can make one.
Old 2011-04-30, 12:49pm
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

Great Job Beth!!!

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2011-04-30, 1:28pm

Who else has made some horses so far? I'm excited to see them!!

Old 2011-05-03, 8:48pm
Glass my new Obsession

I got some supplies today to give this a go.Probably won't be till Thursday though since little one has an eye appointment tomorrow

Old 2011-05-13, 5:04pm

Kerri,
Just wanted you to know that I made time for your Horse Tutorial this afternoon, and I will post them here tomorrow morning.
I hope they will be in one piece when I take them out of the kiln!