LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2011-07-12, 9:36am
Sheila Davis Designs

Thank you Anouk! I would like a little lighter color.I think maybe a thinner layer of the orange and clio?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-07-12, 10:01am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post
Cassie, yes all have been emailed, you didn't get yours yet? And no, I didn't include any dirty words in the subject, lol .
lol! I didn't think you would put any dirty words in the subject... some of my more evil friends would think of it just to be... well... evil!

I just checked again... inbox, deleted and junk folders just in case. Nothing in them except for the notifications from Paypal and Etsy that I purchased it. Let me know if you need me to PM my email addy to you!

Old 2011-07-12, 11:21am
Happy in AZ

Thanks Anuouk, I just ordered it - can't wait!

Old 2011-07-12, 12:31pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Sheila, Kalypso is more dense than Clio. You surely could try this combo with Clio!

Cassie, I just sent you a pm, yes I do need your email address and I'll be sure to keep the subject nice and decent .

Thanks Nancy, I'll sent it to you before I go to bed!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2011-07-13, 3:51am
Resident hippie

Thanks Anouk!

I just posted this bead in the Clio thread.

I had some trouble with the bead release breaking on the first couple and they got HuGe.
I just need to work smaller.

I'm wondering about the annealing schedule - I didn't see any reference in your tutorials - what do you recommend?

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2011-07-13, 4:43am

I'm having so much fun with your tutorial, Anouk. Clio was already one of my favorite glasses, but your layering recipe makes it so much easier to consistently get the bright pink tones. Thanks for sharing! Here's one of my experiment beads.

Old 2011-07-13, 8:43am
Gimme that silver glass!

Thanks Anna and Kim , so awesome to see your gorgeous pink beads!

Anna, I garage at 500 celcius and anneal for 1 1/2 hours at 521 celcius. I then slowly (25 celcius per hour) ramp down to 350 and then I ramp it further down wit 75 celcius an hour to 50 celcius. So it's very conservative. Because everything is encased, it's safe to anneal at 521. When I made some beads with striking glass which haven't been encased, I anneal at 500 celcius for 3 hours. Hope this helps!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2011-07-13, 8:54am
Sheila Davis Designs

[quote=Troll Lover;3617933]Sheila, Kalypso is more dense than Clio. You surely could try this combo with Clio!

My bead is done with Clio! Maybe I reduced too much?

Old 2011-07-13, 9:00am
Resident hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post
Anna, I garage at 500 celcius and anneal for 1 1/2 hours at 521 celcius. I then slowly (25 celcius per hour) ramp down to 350 and then I ramp it further down wit 75 celcius an hour to 50 celcius. So it's very conservative. Because everything is encased, it's safe to anneal at 521. When I made some beads with striking glass which haven't been encased, I anneal at 500 celcius for 3 hours. Hope this helps!
Thanks Anouk! I've been garaging at 510 and ramping up to 520 for 1 1/2hrs so it's similar - just I've been garaging hotter than you.

Old 2011-07-13, 4:57pm

Thank you so much, Anouk... I did get your email (wasn't sure if my PM went through since I sent it on my phone, but obviously it did)! I read it on my lunch break and it looks great... can't wait to try it this weekend!

Old 2011-07-14, 7:11am

Default Yay! Got pink from Kalypso! Thanks Anouk!

Anouk, thank you so much for the wonderful tutorial "Making Silver Glass Sing, Vol. 3"!! I have tried in vain to get these pretty colors out of Clio and Kalypso. Your instructions and photos made the whole process very easy!

I may be in Arnhem this fall/winter do you teach classes??
Attached Images

Old 2011-07-14, 11:30am

Wow, Cherie. Really lovely beads!
Old 2011-07-14, 1:57pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Cherie, those are yummy! You did great! And yes, I can teach private classes if you'd like . Just shoot me a pm if you're interested .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2011-07-14, 4:29pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Well, I made my first bead and I must say I love it. Thank you for a wonderful tutorial. This bead was suppose to be my standard 1.25 inches but it grew and grew and now it is a whopping 1.5 inches.

Old 2011-07-15, 12:48am
Gimme that silver glass!

Very, very pretty Gemsinbloom, WOW!!! Yes, these beads can grow big time, lol .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2011-07-15, 1:13am
Resident hippie

Oh that's stunning Gems. . .

Old 2011-07-15, 4:34am
Jacqueline Parkes

Thanks guys, I am going to try again today ( it sold!) and see if I can keep it smaller. Wish me luck LOL

Old 2011-07-15, 2:33pm

This is a FABULOUS tutorial, Anouk!!
It is everything I hoped for and I'm sorry about bugging you so much for it. It was worth the wait!
Renee
-Michael Malone as Jean Claude Claudel
Old 2011-07-18, 8:53am

Oh, Yay! I *love* your tutorial, Anouk!

Just got back from vacation & made some beads last night -- the difference using your techniques is night & day. I'll post some before & after (tut) beads soon!

(This is my first post ever on this forum, too & just have to say thanks to everyone for all the warmth & friendly, open advice! I love it here.)
Old 2011-07-18, 1:02pm
Gimme that silver glass!

That's just awesome Kelley, I'm very glad to hear that! Can't wait to see your beads !

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2011-09-14, 11:15am

Is your Etsy shop off-line?

Dan
Old 2011-10-05, 5:02am
Gimme that silver glass!

Hi Dan, no not anymore . I've been away to teach abroad but it's all working again now .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2011-10-22, 10:38am

Just ordered mine and can't wait for beautiful pinks.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripzz
Old 2011-10-22, 8:59pm

I love this tut,it is superb in every way.
Thank you so much Anouk.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripzz