Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-07-08, 9:40pm

Default Help - Rod Color & Mfg.

I hope I'm able to attach an image of my last remaining rods in this color. I haven't a clue whether this is Moretti, Vetrofond or Lauscha. I thought it was Lauscha but I just received an order and it wasn't the right color. If anyone out there knows the color and manufactuer, I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Diane
Old 2008-07-08, 9:50pm

Sorry, I see my photo didn't load. Now I'm trying to upload again and my computer isn't responding. I'll keep trying.
Old 2008-07-08, 9:58pm

Hopefully this will work (crossing fingers!
Old 2008-07-08, 10:09pm
Sheryll

I'd need a close up to be sure, but it looks like ink blue to me... but try looking up and matching the color of your rod to this website. Frantz has most effetre and vetro on there...
http://frantznewsletter.com/color%20pallete/index.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-07-08, 10:09pm

Looks like Lausha steel blue,is it a large diameter rod ,if so thats most likely.

Karen
Volkano Exotik.
Old 2008-07-08, 10:18pm
Looking for my waistline

The photo isn't bright enough to tell what it is. You need to get closer and have more light on the photo. A white background sometimes washes out your photo, too.
Old 2008-07-09, 11:25am

Thank all of you for your input. Sorry for my poor photos. I'm attaching another photo which is a little better...not great.

Also, I'm sure this opaque rod isn't Ink Blue nor Lauscha Steel Blue. It's a purple color which I originally thought was Vetrofond. So far I haven't been able to match to existing colors.

Any help appreciated.

Diane
Old 2008-07-09, 12:28pm

could be lauscha cocoa

Old 2008-07-09, 12:34pm

No, not cocoa. The rod is a purple. These simple beads have the base with this color.

Diane
Old 2008-07-09, 12:44pm

this has a lauscha cocoa base

Old 2008-07-09, 12:53pm
Frit frit and more frit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josielv View Post

this has a lauscha cocoa base
WOW! That bead is stunning. It almost doesn't look real - it looks like its painted. BEAUTIFUL!
Old 2008-07-09, 12:59pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Lady View Post

No, not cocoa. The rod is a purple. These simple beads have the base with this color.

Diane

This looks like one of the variations of the old Lauscha purple to me. I have some rods from over 5 years ago that look very similar to yours. It doesn't look like Moretti or Vetrofond.

Old 2008-07-09, 1:04pm
Semi Retired

I second old Lauscha purple. They have the same color and rod diameter.

|

|

|

|

Old 2008-07-09, 1:05pm

why thank you!

Old 2008-07-09, 2:26pm

Beadysam - absolutely beautiful bead!!
MaryBeth and Dichromary - I think you're right! My original thought was that it was an old order of Lauscha Purple. I just received a new order and the purple is no where near the color of these rods.
I guess I'll just have to make do with the new color.
Thank all of you for your responses.