Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2013-07-27, 9:25am

Thumbs up World Marble and Glass Festival--Tucson

Bringing the magic back to Tucson in 2015.

World Marble and Glass Festival
2015, first week of February, Tucson
I will be promoting a large glass event in Tucson in February of 2015. It will be held in the area next to the old White Sox stadium, or Tucson Electric Park. More specifics about the location and diagrams will be posted in October or November of this year.
This will be an all glass event. All things glass with a heavy slant to marbles. The show will feature the best glassworkers doing marbles, beads, pendants, paperweights, bracelets, goblets , sculptures and murrini.
There will not be a flame-off . There will be ongoing demos at multiple torch stations by many of the best lampworkers from the U S and Japan. I already have Kevin O’Grady and Akihero Okhama signed up to do demos on the Tuesday opening night.
Some of the corporate sponsors that have signed on are Glass Alchemy, Paragon, GTT, ABR Imagery, CBS Dichroic, and The Flow. Beads of Courage will also be involved.
The event will run from the first Tuesday thru Saturday in February, 2015. There will be a very large grand opening from 4 PM to 10 PM on the Tuesday. Music, food, door prizes.
Show up and be part of the magic.
Lewis C Wilson Crystal Myths
Old 2013-07-27, 12:09pm

Sounds very exciting. Will have to start planning for a trip to Tucson in 2015.

Darrell
Old 2013-09-10, 7:22pm

will there be classes?
Old 2013-09-11, 4:59am

Sounds wonderful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-09-29, 6:12am

The main driver for an out of state novice like me to come would be if we can take select classes from published course catalogs - similar to the Vegas convention. Something beyond the vortex/galaxy marbles if the conference is marble centric. Fume hoods for fuming, decent size torches, etc.

LE members enjoy a 10% discount with coupon code "LEmember"
Old 2013-12-15, 10:17am

Just found out that the location I looked into has been reserved for the next four years . Going to make it very hard to pull off a Tucson show without having a great indoor space. Not going to push forward with my only option being large tents. Looks like this will make it too hard to present a great show and keep expenses down. For now I must say that this show will not happen. I will still look into other venues that may work. And will let people know if something happens.
Thank you to all the corporate sponsors and individuals that were ready to join in this event.
I am very disappointed that this is not happening for 2015.
Lewis C Wilson
Old 2014-02-03, 12:59pm

Isn't life great. Found a great location with a nice sized ballroom and also 48 rooms surrounding the courtyard.
Please check out the facebook page 'Dirty Looie's Glassland".
This will be an ALL GLASS ARTIST SHOW. In Tucson during the same time as all the major gem and mineral shows and glass events.
The people selling will be making marbles, pendants, beads, murinni and sculptures. I have commitments from major people in the glass world to exhibit. Tool and glass suppliers also.
Lewis
Old 2014-04-12, 2:34pm

This show will not happen. Find me in Tucson at Glass Art And Bead Festival.
Old 2014-04-12, 3:01pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Which show is that Lewis? And sorry about your All Glass Artist Show not working out.

Old 2014-04-12, 5:10pm

Disappointed here, too. Yes, what/ where is the Glass Art And Bead Festival?
Hoping something will still pull together.....

-Donna

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2014-04-12, 6:05pm

The show that I am doing is called the Tucson Glass Art and Bead Festival. Doug Harroun from Greymatter is promoting it. He liked the concept of an all glass event and that is what he is doing. Find him on facebook. I am just an exhibitor and can not help with the promotion in any way. I am the first to sign up.
Old 2014-04-12, 8:03pm
Super Secret Division

Hi Lewis! I can't seem to find a forum you're not already on

here's my announcement from earlier today: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=263576

I will be making a facebook page and more info available this week.

-Doug
Old 2014-04-12, 8:34pm
Happiness is....

Congrats Doug! I know it will be a great show!!

A Crickett and 2 5lp oxycons