Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-12-13, 10:56am
Storm Queen

Default Supernova @ Lauscha Lady * $22.50/lb

http://www.lauschalady.com/LLOrderForm.html

Just thought I'd let you all know...

Amy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-12-13, 11:34am
IMAHO

Aww, that's raw. Gee, I only paid about $41 US for it. Nice, huh?

"Free your mind and your glass will follow"
Old 2006-12-13, 2:56pm

well Julz, you got a bargain!

since no new glass has showed up for any of the international buyers, and Marcie is not responding to email, I've paid $420 for my Supernova ...

Nancy

Old 2006-12-13, 2:58pm

Damn, damn and DAMN!

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2006-12-13, 2:58pm
Cancer SUCKS!

Old 2006-12-13, 3:04pm
Fusing Glass

argh.
Old 2006-12-13, 3:06pm
On A Lampwork Hiatus

I am not a member of the color of the month club but I sure would find that crappy if I were..
Old 2006-12-13, 3:09pm
Just me

Uh oh.

Old 2006-12-13, 3:13pm
Cancer SUCKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nklt0 View Post
well Julz, you got a bargain!

since no new glass has showed up for any of the international buyers, and Marcie is not responding to email, I've paid $420 for my Supernova ...

Nancy
Too bad your not a big name bead maker, or maybe your are. Then you could at least you could possibly get some money by selling beads on Ebay.

Old 2006-12-13, 3:35pm

Hi Deb,

I'm a subscriber of the old school of economy, I NEVER spend what I can't afford to loss. However I do find it annoying to be defrauded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Hopeful Journeys View Post
Too bad your not a big name bead maker, or maybe your are. Then you could at least you could possibly get some money by selling beads on Ebay.
Cheers
Nancy

Last edited by nklt0; 2006-12-13 at 3:53pm. Reason: correct spelling :oops:
Old 2006-12-13, 3:37pm

FWIW my Supernova beads DID sell quickly@!

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2006-12-13, 5:41pm
Scientific Glass Girl

wow, i thought this glass was supposed to be super secret, only keep it for youself? i am also glad i didn't get into the club. a little ridiculous..

Old 2006-12-13, 5:54pm
a pox upon an idiot :..

You know if everyone were to drop out of the club, there would be an instant excess of this glass and I would expect the price would drop dramatically.
Old 2006-12-13, 5:56pm
Semi Retired

COM 's $41 includes shipping. So the actual difference may be about $10 which I think is fine to be able to play with the glass for 2 months.

|

|

|

|

Old 2006-12-13, 5:59pm

Anybody have a pic of what super nova looks as a bead?
Old 2006-12-13, 6:16pm
IMAHO

yep, here's a SuperNova goddess bead...

It can be quite pretty, once it decides that it wants to play.

"Free your mind and your glass will follow"
Old 2006-12-13, 6:21pm

Thanks! Cool bead and wow ..neat color
Old 2006-12-13, 6:37pm

Hope that no one loses anything by having paid ahead!! I dropped because a "replacement" order was sent to me for the first color. And I had to jump up and say -"Hey, no glass here." But what ever happened to the "first" shipment? I have no clue. And I thought with all the frit and other color enhancements available that $35 per pound for the unknown was not in my budget. Really, hope the best for everyone. I'll keep watching. . .And the SuperNova hit the streets really soon. . .
Old 2006-12-13, 6:37pm

I just looked at it and it said $26 but still that is cheaper than we paid. But that is the priviledge of having it for a couple of months sooner. I guess I am going to wait if I want more to see how much it will be after the 2 months.
Lori
Old 2006-12-13, 6:39pm

Oh, check the posted prices. There is a conversion chart for US prices. . .and for other countries. Canadian posted?
Old 2006-12-13, 6:39pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dichromary View Post
COM 's $41 includes shipping. So the actual difference may be about $10 which I think is fine to be able to play with the glass for 2 months.
Me too.

I've got way cool handmade bags for sale in the Garage Sale area for a buck each!
Old 2006-12-13, 6:54pm
Broken

I order form Grace all the time and her customer service and shipping is fantastic!

Old 2006-12-13, 6:58pm
Storm Queen

It's 26.00/lb Canadian which is $22.50/lb US. Which is $12.50 less than what we paid...correct?

Old 2006-12-13, 7:00pm
Storm Queen

If you all want to pay an extra $150 per year to have the glass 3 months before everyone else that's fine. I'd rather spend the $150 on other glass right now.

Old 2006-12-13, 7:10pm
Procrastinate Now!!

Yep, I'm out of this. I'd rather put my money into the studio set up and buy the glass later.

Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.
Old 2006-12-13, 7:16pm

When I joined up and paid up, the exclusive period was 6 months not 3. If that is still the case, then the excess may have been worth it.

However, many of us have to jump up and down to get our glass. I can't say for everyone, but by the time I got mine it's 21 Oct (1 1/2 month) before Lauscha Lady start selling Supernova at a much lower price.

That is NOT worth it for me.

Nancy

Last edited by nklt0; 2006-12-13 at 7:16pm. Reason: fix spelling
Old 2006-12-13, 7:17pm

FYI, Marcie's been in Germany and is due back today (the 13th).

I've gotta say, I'm not real happy about this either! That's a huge difference in $!!! I thought the exclusivity thing was pretty neat, if it really were 6 mos, but even so, I thought what the hell. I expected to see the glass being sold for the amount we paid, certainly not less! I don't remember - was there anything said about the cost to the "club" being higher than the retail??? Does anyone remember? I'm so not a happy camper right now!!!

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

Last edited by Renee; 2006-12-13 at 7:28pm.
Old 2006-12-13, 7:45pm

Renee,
Marcie has hinted at that in her response in the original CotM thread on Oct 3rd, after most people have paid. But I can't remember or find any talk about the cost difference before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firelady
"4. Will the monthly costs remain the same per pound? "
Unknown. Depends on if other distributors purchase the glass direct from Lauscha, and what they decide to do. It would be my preference for the Colors to maintain their value over time.
Nancy

Old 2006-12-13, 7:51pm
Hot Rod Addiction

I'm not happy about anyone else selling this glass cheaper either -- but if I remember another thread correctly, the entire run of Bluetonium was purchased by the club and no one else will be selling it. If all the lots were like that, I think that would be a nicer incentive.
Old 2006-12-13, 7:57pm
Storm Queen

I do believe that Marcie did say the some colors would be exclusive to the club...but did she get Lauscha to sign a contract stating that? If I were Lauscha and did an exclusive color run for the COTMC and then found that it was a hot item...I'd do another run and sell it to the distributers. Who's stopping them?