LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-12-13, 8:19pm
Broken

I remember Marcie stating the colors would be available to the general public 6 months after the club. She also cannot set a price, other distributors can sell it for whatever they like.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Nicker; 2006-12-13 at 8:27pm.
Old 2006-12-13, 8:24pm
Ad astra per aspera

I prefer more lube if I'm gonna get screwed that way. I had some twinges about dropping out of the club at first, but I feel better now.

Old 2006-12-13, 8:46pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

I dropped out too. I was told to stop being so negative so I have kept my mouth shut, but BOY am I glad I am done with this mess.

And sorry, but I don't feel bad for the person starting the business. It is a business. Obviously the little people (us) are not being taken into consideration.

Old 2006-12-14, 4:57am
Covered in glitter

Isn't Marcie Lauscha Lady? If she is, she doesn't have to sell it. I would guess this is her choice.

I am also glad I'm out. Why should any of us pay $41/lb for glass that we can get in a few months for almost 1/2 that? Personally, I can wait.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2006-12-14, 6:05am

No, Marcie is in Florida and Lauscha Lady is in Canada. Marcie has a name that is similar, just can't remember it right now.
Old 2006-12-14, 6:41am

OK I belong to the COTM club. I got the first color( supernova ) It just stayed purple for me no matter what the heck I did to it. The second color was the blue, Havn't had much luck with it yet but it looks just like the rod does. So my question is How the heck do you drop the "club"? Frankly $41.00 is way too much for a pound of glass no matter what color it is
Liz R

MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Lead me not into temptation, Oh hell follow me I know a short cut
Old 2006-12-14, 6:48am
wired and crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judi_B View Post
No, Marcie is in Florida and Lauscha Lady is in Canada. Marcie has a name that is similar, just can't remember it right now.
Grace Edwards - very nice lady!
Old 2006-12-14, 8:54am
Covered in glitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judi_B View Post
OK, wrong about that! But...if we--well I guess I can't say we exactly--but if people were told that there would be this exclusivity then why are they getting screwed? No matter who else is sellling it, it just shouldn't be happening.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2006-12-14, 10:03am
Sheryll

Not in the club but did read up on it when the contraversy was going on, I didn't think exlcusivity wasn't dealt with until almost at the end. When I was going to buy Supernova off someone that didn't like it, Marcie had a fit about it staying in the club and that's wehre the a 3 month exclusivity of not selling to ousiders. Can't find the threads so don't know. I don't know if she ever discussed how long Lauscha would not sell to other distributors.

Marcie = Firelady, I thought she had a website but I can't find it that talked about CoM.

But I do want to say that I hope that any backlash is not taken out on Lauscha Lady if it was Lauscha decided to sell outside the club. I have ordered from Lauscha Lady within the past two months, great service, fast shipping, and glass to drool for!
Old 2006-12-14, 10:48am

I bought in on the COM and thought it was a 6 month deal as well. Then the Supernova came in and some people decided to sell it and the nastiness started. I've never completely unwrapped mine because it left a really bad taste in my mouth. When the invoice came for the next color - I cancelled. Don't regret it.

Guess I just wasted that money - the only thing the glass is doing now is getting dusty in the box.

Martha
Old 2006-12-14, 11:07am
Storm Queen

In the beginning it was mentioned that we would have 6 months of having the glass before any other distributer got any....later it changed to 3 months and I believe Marcie wasn't very pleased with that but she has no control over it.

I don't think anyone is upset with Lauscha Lady at all. She's just doing business as usual, buying glass from Lauscha and doing her normal markup from wholesale to her retail price.

Supernova...I found that if I fry it as in work it very hot I do get colors out of it but it's nothing like a DH or R4 color for me.

Old 2006-12-14, 11:17am
BHB's- big honkin' beads!

Grace ROCKs!! She is always a pleasure to deal with. Great product, great customer service, great shipping, great prices. You get what color you want, when you want it, at what quantity you want. Nothing against Marcie... but I'm glad I didn't get into this COTMC... I hear nothing but controversy with this whole thing.

Holiday Cheers, Larry

Website is back up!!! Yipee!!!
Old 2006-12-14, 11:32am

Hmm. Maybe I need to reconsider this club thing as well. I can sorta get the supernova to do stuff but the blutonium just is ... blue. It's supposed to do something else?

Old 2006-12-15, 12:20pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
I do believe that Marcie did say the some colors would be exclusive to the club...but did she get Lauscha to sign a contract stating that? If I were Lauscha and did an exclusive color run for the COTMC and then found that it was a hot item...I'd do another run and sell it to the distributers. Who's stopping them?
I hope to GOD that is what she is over there doing now. If she didnt before. NOT good business to not have something this important in writing. I guess we paid for this trip to Germany but I'll be damned if I pay for another unless it is the original 6 month deal !! AND the prices are closer in range. AND I can do something with this stupid ass glass. Now I've kept my mouth shut until now but I can't do shit with the supernova and who the hell is going to pay me what I have in it if LauschaLady has it for 1/2 that? Poke me with a fork I'm done! Unless the original rules are followed.

Old 2006-12-15, 12:23pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarleenMB View Post
Hmm. Maybe I need to reconsider this club thing as well. I can sorta get the supernova to do stuff but the blutonium just is ... blue. It's supposed to do something else?
Put it on some turquoise and hit it with the propane... it's really pretty that way. But that is all I can get it to do. Trying to get some done QUICK before Lauscha Lady is selling it so maybe I can recoup a little of my money !!

Old 2006-12-15, 1:08pm
Mom to 20 paws

Default Lauschalady is great!

I placed my first order with Lauschalady the other day and was so thrilled with the quick communication and she shipped the very next day. WOW I will definetly be a repeat customer.

Also noticed on the invoice she threw in a couple of freebees.

Excellent, Thank you Grace
Old 2006-12-15, 1:58pm
Storm Queen

Does anyone know if we pay any customs or any extra charges when she ships to the US?

Old 2006-12-15, 2:12pm
Cancer SUCKS!

I am very disapointed with how the whole COTM has been handled by the owner.

I am horrible in dealing with conflict in my own life, but I have learned that is better to be up front and address it then to avoid it. There are much less hurt feelings if there is constant communication.

Obviously since she hasn't appeared he, she doesn't want to discuss it.

Old 2006-12-15, 2:37pm
Sheryll

I didn't have to pay customs or any extra charges when I ordered. Plus, I think she (Grace) sends it through USPS.
Old 2006-12-15, 4:10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizabeads View Post
Put it on some turquoise and hit it with the propane... it's really pretty that way. But that is all I can get it to do. Trying to get some done QUICK before Lauscha Lady is selling it so maybe I can recoup a little of my money !!
Thanks for the tip! I"ll give it a try.

Old 2006-12-15, 6:08pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Wylder View Post
I didn't have to pay customs or any extra charges when I ordered. Plus, I think she (Grace) sends it through USPS.
Thanks! I really wish Glassdaddy would get the newer colors that Lauscha Lady has. I feel a bit guilty not buying Lauscha from Frank. I've told myself no more glass or tools for at least two months anyway...maybe Frank will have some of the newer colors by then.

Amy

Old 2006-12-15, 6:13pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Thanks! I really wish Glassdaddy would get the newer colors that Lauscha Lady has. I feel a bit guilty not buying Lauscha from Frank. I've told myself no more glass or tools for at least two months anyway...maybe Frank will have some of the newer colors by then.

Amy

Me too! Frank is just the best!

Although, I do think that Jill tests all of the glass that Frank sells for compability with Moretti - perhaps that slows him down in offering new colors. But it really is an incredible bit of customer service

Old 2006-12-15, 6:16pm
Storm Queen

I wish he had an email list we could join and then he could email us when he updated the website. I also wish he had a shopping cart. I would even do all of this for him...he's my boyfriend ya know...hehehe!

Old 2006-12-15, 7:32pm

I'd buy the lauscha pinks tho...even if I could only make spacers with it & it was totally incompatible with everything else...I just love those pinks....(I missed the 2 odd colors she had last summer...darn it)
I was RAOGK'd some opaque pink shorts & omg...yum....just lickable...even if I could only use them for plain beads, I'd still want the pinks! They're so EASY!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2006-12-15, 7:38pm
Covered in glitter

I thought that the group had some earlier imput about colors, too. The two so far are pretty much the exact opposite of what I'd want. I opted out of the group after the first delivery and am so glad I did. I just have better things to use that 40 bucks a month for than colors that I don't like.

Old 2006-12-15, 8:42pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
I thought that the group had some earlier imput about colors, too. The two so far are pretty much the exact opposite of what I'd want. I opted out of the group after the first delivery and am so glad I did. I just have better things to use that 40 bucks a month for than colors that I don't like.
Yea, ditto to all of that.

Old 2006-12-15, 9:16pm
tweetysweetie

I too, opted out after the first color and the restrictions that came to light after someone mentioned they wanted to sell theirs. Had I been informed fully of these restrictions beforehand..I'd have never joined the club. No one, I mean no one tells me what I can do with something that I have bought with my hard earned money.

I know that she worked hard to bring it all together, there will be growing pains, I won't like ALL the colors, yada..yada.... BUT...it was her changing the rules after the fact, and her stance/attitude she took once we voiced displeasure, like we had no business being unhappy with how she was handling things..."that" is what cost her my business.

I hope things work out for those who have stuck it out, but I do understand many folks' anger...especially with this latest news. But...I must say, maybe Lausha re-nigged on her and she had no control over this latest. Until she'll actually start answering emails, comes back and comes here to post...we won't know the full story.

Old 2006-12-16, 1:54am

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiredDesires View Post
But...I must say, maybe Lausha re-nigged on her and she had no control over this latest. Until she'll actually start answering emails, comes back and comes here to post...we won't know the full story.
That is why you NEVER, did i say NEVER do business without a contract. BIG PERIOD... I do believe when she gets back she will see all this and try to straighten it out.
I too didn't vote on any colors I've seen so far, nor something so hard to get it to do anything.

(Quote)I didn't have to pay customs or any extra charges when I ordered. Plus, I think she (Grace) sends it through USPS. )
Does anyone know if we pay any customs or any extra charges when she ships to the US?
I think if you read back to the beginining of the rules it was stated that the customs/freight fees were included or that is what raised the mailing rate. I have the whole original thread if anyone is interested

(Quote) I too, opted out after the first color and the restrictions that came to light after someone mentioned they wanted to sell theirs. Had I been informed fully of these restrictions beforehand..I'd have never joined the club. No one, I mean no one tells me what I can do with something that I have bought with my hard earned money. )
I hadn't said anything till now but BIG DITTO ON THAT, and if she wants to try to come and stop me she better bring an army because all the original rules, and amounts that I agreed to have been changed with out even a notice. I also consider the fact that I didn't sign a damn thing. I gave the benefit of the doubt on the second color when lots were bailing out. I was pissed that other distributors had it so soon after me but then when I saw the price difference I got red neck open a can of whoop ass mad. Now just cause I'm afraid I will finally miss a good color that I have been looking for all along I don't know what I'm going to do about the third round... but if she's in Germany does that mean the distributors will be selling it before we even get it? I played a lot of damn ball in my life and live by the same rules and in my game 3 strikes your out !!!!!!!!!!! No ifs ands or butts

Now I'm through being ugly, flame if you want I don't give a shit. I struggle hard for my money... worse than that we are still on one income and I'm still fighting workers comp. so I can say what i want. Now I'll sit back be sweet and see what happens..
The worse part is I really believe that her heart was in doing this for us. I really believe that she has worked her ass off to get it done right. I hated the way people got ugly about it because i don't believe all of this is her fault. If any.. So Now I feel really bad about getting pissed off about the price thing enough to say stuff that I have been thinking all along. Because I do not want to hurt her feelings. I guess I'm hoping that maybe by seeing what everyone is feeling she can go back to lauscha and say look the deal is off unless you do at least what was agreed upon in the beginning. Hey if they can change the rules, she doesn't have to play their game, right? BUT... she trusted them so much her husband quit his job.... ok so where does that leave her... not with alot of damn choice which is not fair to her... so then we are right back where we were 5 minutes ago.. we have to play the game their way... BUT if she were to sell other brands of glass too then we could promise to support her like we do our other glass people and she and hubby would still have work and we would have product... Damn this is getting rediculous.. I think I'm sleepy... thinking to damn much....lmao Nite ya'll I'm retiring from saving the world !! But thanks for letting me vent I feel better and maybe I can sleep now

Old 2006-12-16, 12:00pm
Storm Queen

One thing you gotta wonder is did Lauscha charge Marcie the normal price per pound for these first two colors and Marcie did the huge mark up or did Lauscha inflate the price for Marcie and then charged Lauscha Lady the normal rate when they sold her the Supernova? Just a little something that bothers me. We may never know.
Liza, the part where we are discussing customs charges is me asking about Lauscha Lady and shipping from Canada to the US...not the COTMC. Sorry, I should have done the quotes thingy.
Amy

Old 2006-12-30, 2:08pm

Default Lauscha pricing

Hi!

I'm the Western Canadian Lauscha distributor. I can straighten out some questions regarding Lauscha pricing. The Lauscha factory charges the same price to all distributors/dealers all over the world. It's up to the individual dealer/distributor to set their own price. They do not charge extra for new colors, but if we want to get the "club" colors, we're not allowed to sell it for 3 months after Marcie has received hers. I was told we could sell the Supernova on December 15th. (according to Lauscha, that was exactly 3 months after Marcie received hers). Apparently they've increased it to 4 months now. I just received the Supernova in two different shades. It will be priced at the same price as Lauscha Lady (as is all my Lauscha glass).

Prices depend a lot on:
1. Cost of shipping from Germany (quite costly) Depending on what freight carrier used, the price can vary a lot. Also, the distance from Germany to the supplier varies, as does the cost per unit.
2. Difference in the Euro to either U.S. or Canadian Funds. As the U.S.dollar has had quite a rocky time last year, it's quite conceivable that Marcie's price was higher than we paid in Canada due to this. Our dollar has been quite strong since May 06.
3. Individual dealer/distributor markups.

Lauscha has just announced that their prices will go up Jan 1st, but even so, Lauscha glass is incredible, and worth the money. Have you seen their translucent reds???

Marcie is doing a wonderful thing for Lauscha glass itself, increasing awareness and bringing new colors to the world. It is a lot of work to receive a Lauscha shipment, weigh it and bundle it (we also have to cut it into 13" lengths, though the club glass arrives already cut - Lauscha does it only for the club) If Marcie had to cut it all, it would take a lot longer to get it to you. It's unfortunate that there have been a few problems, but that's always the case in starting a new business. I trust that she will straighten everything out, and get everything flowing so that there are no problems in the future.

Having said that, Glass Daddy has been working very hard for many years to bring awareness about Lauscha glass, and he deserves huge kudos for all that he's done. Grace (Lauscha Lady) has also done a wonderful job of bringing Lauscha to the world. I suggest that everyone support all the dealers, we want to keep them all around! As a dealer, I support Frantz Art Glass, Arrow Springs, Lauscha, Rocio Glass, Double Helix, Don McKinney kilns, and the list goes on...... I try to give everyone a bit of my business. The more suppliers out there, the better!

Hope this helped,

Kathy Walters
Bedrock Supply Ltd.
Canada
P.S. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at kathy@bedrocksupply.ca