Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Auctions, self promotion, and related things

Auctions, self promotion, and related things -- Your current auctions on eBay, JustBeads, or any other site. Also any items that are for sale on your website. Show off what you have! Please delete your thread when it is completed.

Old 2017-02-01, 7:58pm
Still makin' flowers...

Default Here's what happens when you hoard beads. The cover of Artisan Jewelry Times!

Its true. I have a fringe issue and a bead hoarding issue. I pretend that I can quit anytime I want, but I probably can't. I also pretend that its completely under control and that I don't quit because I don't WANT to quit, but when I started reworking my old tutorials, I could have just 'fessed up and said that I was just going to remake samples for all of my older tutorials WITH MORE FRINGE.

Anyhow, so when Karen Leonardo and Diane Woodall asked me to write a tutorial for the February issue of Artisan Jewelry Times I thought I'd try for something beginning level and without fringe. And there I remained, stuck FOR MONTHS.

I tried a macrame bracelet. And scrapped it.
I tried a braided bracelet. And scrapped it.
I tried a steampunk style necklace with some handmade beads. It was UGLY.

So I finally did what any crazy bead lady does when faced with a lack of inspiration and took out a cabochon Jodie McDougall gave me years ago and I've been hiding away to make something just for myself and decided to make something just for me.

But of course first I had to go bead shopping because this thing for me was going to have fringe and I didn't have the right beads! When it was done, I looked at it and thought, well, I'm not sure why I was making this so difficult. This thing is my current FAVORITE thing and it can be a tutorial. And so... here it is. The cover tutorial for the February issue of Artisan Jewelry Times!
You can get your magazine delivered right to your mailbox - its available for subscription at https://artisanjewelrytimes.com/
Back issues (if you are reading this after February 2017) are available at https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtisanJewelryTimes
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2017-02-10, 9:56am

Congrats, Hannah. What a beautiful creation.

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2017-02-10, 5:17pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

I have loved watching you over the past 10 years or so...........such beautiful work from a very beautiful person. You are the reason I just subscribed to AJT and am so glad I did!
Old 2017-02-14, 10:06am
Still makin' flowers...

Hi Sue! Thank you!

Pat - You will continue to be delighted by Artisan Jewelry Times. The magazine is fantastic. Thanks so much for your kind words!

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!