Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2008-11-07, 7:19am
ManBearPig

Default New site.... finally....

I've been meaning to revamp my site for a long time. Finally got around to it. Still need to add more photos, but I'm working on that.

If anyone gets a chance to check it out, can you tell me what you think? Specifically can you tell me if the gallery is working okay for you? I tried it on both my Mac and PC under Firefox, IE, and Safari, and I think it's okay, but I wanted to get others to check it out too just to make sure.

www.cosmoglassworks.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-11-07, 7:55am
Growing Edge Glass

Looks great....all options worked perfectly. I like your brown and black colors on your site...it really allows the colors in your work to stand out.

Beautiful glass work too!
Old 2008-11-09, 1:53pm

Looks great and is easy to navigate!

Mary
Old 2008-11-09, 2:05pm
Connie O

I looks great from my laptop using Firefox! Love the colors - I can read the white print on black very well. Easy to navigate....... ya did GOOD!
Old 2008-11-09, 2:06pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

LOVE the colors.
I'm a little "eh" about the pictures popping up in a separate window.
It's a pain in the butt to have to close them down after viewing them
(but that's my personal preference. I'm picky and annoying).

I saw that you had a class at the Mandrel this year?
How did I miss that??? What did you teach???

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-11-09, 2:14pm
Fancy Mammal

Love the design and layout, don't like the popup windows. And it's more disconcerting because the page is so empty vertically, so there's room to have the image in the same page.
Old 2008-11-09, 2:22pm
Fancy Mammal

Oh, and tell me about the 2009 schedule, already !
Old 2008-11-09, 2:55pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisgal View Post
Oh, and tell me about the 2009 schedule, already !
Yeah! Me n' you need a playdate with Cosmo .

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-11-09, 8:04pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be his 2009 class schedule... Cosmo is scheduled to come next June

Old 2008-11-11, 7:54am
ManBearPig

I was kind of torn on the popup thing as well. The main reason I decided on it was that I hope to have many, many pictures listed on that page. If they all load at full size when the page loads, it takes a while for people with slow connections. I wanted it to load quickly. I had considered doing a slideshow type thing, but they are often times a lot more trouble than they're worth. So, I ended up going with the popup thing. That way people can open and view what they want, and skip the things they don't want to see.

As for class dates, it's supposed to say 2009. Just fixed that...

Old 2008-11-16, 6:31pm
Fancy Mammal

Thanks for the class clarification!

(So you don't want your lily before June, do ya Karen? )
Old 2008-11-16, 7:58pm
jessica barksdale

Default Pop-up Solution

I like the colors & the layout, its very simple & organic. The popups do make it easier when you have a lot of pictures, but I'd suggest making it pop up with the image AND "Next" & "Previous" links on the bottom, so that if people want they can just click right through the entire gallery in one pop up instead of opening & closing each individual window.

jes
i make stuff & also things.

|
Old 2008-11-18, 7:00am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruca View Post
I like the colors & the layout, its very simple & organic. The popups do make it easier when you have a lot of pictures, but I'd suggest making it pop up with the image AND "Next" & "Previous" links on the bottom, so that if people want they can just click right through the entire gallery in one pop up instead of opening & closing each individual window.
Yeah, but now I have to figure out how to do that....

Old 2008-11-18, 1:43pm
jessica barksdale

I can whip up a quick HTML template for you, & you'll just have to copy/paste the file names in. Just PM me if you're interested

jes
i make stuff & also things.

|
Old 2008-11-18, 1:50pm
ManBearPig

I think I got it figured out...

Old 2008-11-20, 12:26pm

It looks really good Cosmo.
Old 2008-11-25, 12:16pm
Spoiled

Looks great and I can't wait to see the marble book.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.