Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-12-08, 8:15pm
Powers Art Studio

Default Nikkor Lens Jam

I use a Nikon D70s for taking photos of our beads. I just sold my 2 other lenses, and the one I have now seems to be jamming. It is a 18-70mm and it keeps locking up between 35 and 50mm. If I push on the front of the lens a little, it will go down to 24mm. But I really need it to go to 70mm

Any suggestions on how to fix this little prob? Thanks in advance!

Andrea

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-12-08, 8:22pm

Try removing the lens and putting it back on. Also, check to see that the side switch is set to auto and not manual.

Good Luck!

Mary
Old 2008-12-08, 8:23pm
Powers Art Studio

Hey Mary, I already tried those two things. No luck Thanks for the help though!
Andrea

Old 2008-12-08, 8:23pm
In search of her path....

and take a lintless thing and clean the contacts maybe on the camera and the lense where they meet

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2008-12-08, 8:26pm
Powers Art Studio

Could you explain, If Designs? The lens won't budge when it's off the camera either...

Old 2008-12-08, 8:28pm
In search of her path....

there should be a place on the camera and on the lense that contact each other once they are put together

when you take the lense off look at the part that attaches to the camera is that metal ring dirty are the contacts dirty? look at the part the lense goes into on the camera (with lense off) and look for the same things. If using a lil rubbing alcohol on the contacts doesnt help you may have something wrong with the lense. More than likely the lense bumped into sometrhing and got the alignments messed up.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2008-12-08, 8:54pm

Always a bummer when the easy stuff doesn't work! Do you have a camera shop in town? They may have some ideas!

Mary
Old 2008-12-08, 9:31pm
Powers Art Studio

I checked the contacts and they seem fine. I think it's something going on inside.... The closest camera shop just closed so I'll have to go to the mall this week sometime. Thanks for the suggestions!
Andrea