Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2009-01-27, 10:48am
old person/new member

Default photos from PS elements to etsy

I am frustrated!!!

I am working on opening an Etsy store and have been trying to upload a photo to the avatar part in the public profile.
I want to upload a photo from photoshop elements 7.
The browse box in the profile part of etsy takes me to my "my documents" section of my hard drive but I can't seem to find any file of my adjusted and fixed photos (or any other photos) in Photoshop.

How do I get those photos from PS elements 7 to etsy?

I'll post this in marketing too since its also an Etsy question.

Hope someone can help!
Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-01-27, 11:59am
ManBearPig

The dialog box from Etsy will only recognize .jpg or .gif files (maybe .png too). So, if you work on a file in Photoshop and save it as a .psd (Photoshop's native file format) you won't be able to see it.

Can you see the files if you just open your My Documents folder (not through the Etsy upload dialog)?

Old 2009-01-27, 12:07pm
Entropy increasing....

You will have to change the photo from a photoshop file to a jpeg or gif. I change all my photos to jpegs.

Open the photo up and go to Save as. Where it lets you pick the file type, just pick jpeg.
Old 2009-01-28, 9:57am
old person/new member

I did figure it out. I saved them as jpegs. The problem I was having was finding the "save as" button on PS. I finally found the export files feature and used that.
I got PS for christmas and haven't got a clue how to use it yet. I am struggling along learing a bit now and again. The guy who built my website is on holidays right now, when he gets back I'll buy a couple of hours of his time for a tut.

Thanks very much for your help!

Old 2009-01-30, 3:46pm

Cathy,

If you like watching videos, check out lynda.com. You can pay by month and have access to TONS of videos on everything (or most everything) computer related.

I love it!

Mary