Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2010-01-27, 9:01am
ManBearPig

Default New color scheme picker...

I don't know if anyone has posted this before or not, but I just found this and thought I'd share...

http://colorschemedesigner.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-01-27, 9:09am
Jacqueline Parkes

How cool is that, thank you!

Old 2010-01-27, 9:11am
Pyromaniac

Love this! Thanks.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2010-01-27, 9:14am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

That is very cool - thank you!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-01-27, 9:16am
uncouthful cats

Oooh - colors, playing with colors, that is so much fun! Bookmarked!

Oh no! The cats forgot to vacuum AGAIN!
Old 2010-01-27, 9:17am
Life is good

Very cool and very helpful. I have a hard time mixing colors and this makes it so easy

Old 2010-01-27, 11:45am

Very cool,, I just bookmarked it

R-118
Old 2010-01-27, 11:51am
No Problem!

Nice Cosmo. I keep a couple different color wheels mounted out by the torch to help me pick colors when I'm stumped but this is a whole new beast. Thanks bookmarked that one.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2010-01-27, 11:53am
just another glass addict

That's fun. Thanks for posting it.

Polly

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2010-01-27, 11:54am
Karen James

Thank you! Bookmarked.

Karen

Cricket, Mini CC, Devilbiss MC84 Oxy and NG
Old 2010-01-27, 11:57am
Pyromaniac

If anyone figures out how to save color schemes, please post it here.
I cannot get them to download.

Old 2010-01-27, 12:02pm

This is really cool - thanks Cosmo!

Lana - go up to the top navigation bar and choose EXPORT. There you can choose what format you want and it will save it to your downloads folder.

-Diane

My Facebook business page:

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2010-01-27, 12:06pm
Pyromaniac

Hi Diane,
Thanks, I tried it and they came through as unreadable. It may be a problem on my end if it's working for you.

Old 2010-01-27, 12:37pm
ManBearPig

Lana,

What format are you choosing to export them?

If you choose the HTML+CSS option, it opens a web page. Then command+click on the page, and select "View Page Source". It will open the page and the CSS data will be at the top. Copy and paste that into your HTML file.

If you select Text, it will just give you the values that you will have to plug into your page.

You can also export it as a pallette for use in Photoshop. I think that will work in Illustrator too, but don't quote me on that...

Last edited by Cosmo; 2010-01-27 at 12:40pm.
Old 2011-09-27, 7:24pm

Just saw this thread. The site is much easier than the easyRGB site I've used before. I do have a question though: with the prevalence of either white or black backgrounds on websites these days, how would you use this color chooser?

Old 2011-09-27, 7:52pm
Cat Winx

Thanks Cosmo... that's nifty!

~Rachel

Old 2011-10-01, 4:23pm
Alaska Boro

And here are two more that may have some value.

http://colorblender.com/
http://www.degraeve.com/color-palette/
Old 2011-10-01, 4:42pm
Growing Edge Glass

So cool!!

Thank you!!

-glass cabochons, clay pendants~~~
-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2011-12-07, 3:06am
Serenity Now!

Ultra cool - thanks for posting!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here: