Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2011-05-26, 1:59am

Default Shopping cart with advanced shipping options

Can anyone suggest a shopping cart with advanced shipping options ? I'd like one that can calculate shipping based on location and weight... or is it too much to ask ?

Thanks !

Sea Rocks Tutorial
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Ebook
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Follow me on
- My
shop
Old 2011-05-26, 3:54am
I fart diamonds

I use Zencart. OsCommerce & Cube Cart have the ability, also. I don't have any long term experience with any others, but if I remember correctly, AgoraCart also has it. All of the better solutions have it.

Old 2011-05-26, 10:05am
ManBearPig

www.x-cart.com

Not free, but it's only a one-time fee.

Tried many of the others and didn't like them. Cube Cart ran fine, but never would calculate shipping correctly. Zencart ran ridiculously slow, and their tech support tried to blame it on my ISP (although I tried it on two different sites hosted by two different providers).

Old 2011-05-26, 10:19am

Zencart is the way to go.

I have tested out so many carts and Zencart does it all. The layout is a bit boring, but if you know some html and php you can make your own layout. There are a lot of free carts around, I don't think the paid ones add much functionality. A few shops bases on Zencart I made:
http://www.facet-design.nl/shop/?language=en
http://www.glasss.eu/shop/?language=en
http://www.beadpress.nl/stempelwinkel/?language=en

|
Old 2011-05-27, 10:59am

Very nice Miriam, thanks for the tip. I do know enough html and php to tweak it as I need.

Sea Rocks Tutorial
- Ebook
- Follow me on
- My
shop
Old 2011-05-27, 11:30am
beads....mmmm

I'm pretty sure Mal's E-Commerce cart will do those things, too. It's been a while since I've used it.

::
Old 2011-05-28, 8:26am

Rats, I can't install Zencart on my server unless I upgrade my website to a very expensive merchant one

Sea Rocks Tutorial
- Ebook
- Follow me on
- My
shop
Old 2011-05-29, 1:15am

My online store is based on Zen cart too - been using it for years and found it very good. My shipping prices are all based on weight and order destination. It also has a useful function to estimate shipping, so any customer can see real time the exact shipping costs for anything resting in her shopping cart so far.

Emma

Projects, articles, bead galleries

Art beads, clay & supplies