Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2011-07-20, 4:45am

Default What to expect when paying to have new website built

Hello everyone.... well, I've procrastinated a ton and need to do a whole new website. What is the average cost of having a new website created? I've only dealt with a personal aquaintance designing mine in the past, and need it done to more contemporary appeal and to be user-friendly as far as including "selling" options (never did use as a selling venue in the past).
Any advise or suggestions appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-07-20, 6:14am

I have a friend who designed my blog and is a professional web designer. When I have pointed people to her they have raved about her skills and service.

www.enchanted-graphics.com

She is familiar with designing sales sites as well as other types of web pages and is very creative. I'm sorry I can't tell you about prices as I barter for her services, but she is happy to give quotes.

Old 2011-07-20, 8:07am
ManBearPig

I have been a professional graphic designer for 20+ years, and have been doing a lot of web site design for the last 10. I'd be more than happy to help you if you need it.

www.brokenspokedesign.com

Old 2011-07-20, 8:16am
da General

Ofilia - As you know I do print and web design. For what you have in mind, you may be better going with an e-commerce site such as bigcartel, 3dcart, etc. They offer templates that can be customized. More importantly, they offer the shopping cart with lots of control on the merchant's end. Let me know if you want to chat more about it offline! Email me at hayley @ envisionsf . com (take out the spaces).

ETA: I'll be happy to do a banner for you, etc.

|
|
|
|

Last edited by Hayley; 2011-07-20 at 1:43pm. Reason: typos
Old 2011-07-20, 1:28pm
Serenity Now!

I use www.3dcart.com and absolutely love it. Super easy, quick, lots of variables so you can customize to suit your needs, fantastic tech support and very reasonable.

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2011-07-20, 6:27pm

If you are having someone design and program an e-commerce website, you can expect as much as $3500 (in the midwest), less if you are not including e-commerce. You can find companies who will fit your budget, but make sure you not only see examples of their work, but ask for and contact a couple of references.

Dori

Well behaved women seldom make history ~ Laura Thatcher Ulrich
Old 2011-07-21, 5:02am

Smile

Muuuwwa to all of you!! Dori, that was exactly what I was wondering..... Trust me, I will study hard what it is I'm going to do, and the quote I have is well below that 'going rate'. Still, it's a lot of money for me just coming out of unemployment. None the less, the doing outdoor shows is now going to likely be a thing of the past for me, and even the "climate controlled" shows, are getting tedious, not to mention a PITA to do and be hit-or-miss in success. I'd rather test the economy from the comfort and less-overhead comfort of my home.

I love the many varieites of creative sites out there now! It's an eye opener for sure.

Old 2011-07-24, 8:05am

I know a gal who has done a lot of websites, and often barters for her work....I bet ya you might be able to talk her into trading for some pretty beads sculptures kinds of things.

PM me I'll shoot you her email address.