Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2012-07-31, 3:00am

Default Shows in VA Beach area

Does anyone know of good shows to do in VA Beach VA? I am going to try to get in the Neptune Festival next year but was wondering if their are any other ones that are decent. Thanks for your input.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-07-31, 4:02am
Who me?

Stockley Gardens Art Festival is the big one in Norfolk in the fall.

More crafty is the Pork, Pine, and Peanut Festival in Surry. It is always on the hottest day in July.

I have not done either of the above shows.

I have done two smaller one day festivals and did pretty good - Virginia Beach Art and Wine Festival and the Governors Point Art Show. I took in over $1000 for each 5 hour show. I have vowed never to do another warm weather show. LOL
Old 2012-07-31, 4:26pm

Thank you for the info. We are about 4 hours from va beach. It would be like a working vacation. I just stood at an artists market for 5 hours with no tent and 101. We were all talking about indoor shows.

Old 2012-07-31, 9:38pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Deena, you might try Intergalactic Bead Shows. They always are asking for new vendors.
They are always inside. If you can, they have a show this weekend in Richmond. You can check out their website and find out more info. They have shows all over the state.
Old 2012-08-01, 3:45am
Who me?

Williamsburg has a huge craft and artisan show in the fall. It's really upscale - indoors and folks roll out with the bags of large purchases. When I was there years ago, there were artists demoing their crafts, potter wheels, rug weavers, etc. No cameras allowed.
Old 2012-08-01, 4:00am

We will start trying to set up some shows now. Thanks so much for the help. Now I see between having bead inventory and jewelry inventory you need to be at the torch a lot.