Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2014-04-25, 3:40pm

Default GL33

Has anyone tried GL33's new colors? I have some coming, was curious to see if anyone else has played with these yet. Here's a link:

https://www.facebook.com/GL33Glass

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-04-25, 3:41pm

Also have some of Greasy Glass' Aphrodesia on order (see GL33's FB page for a pic). This stuff looks amazing, can't wait to get it and play!! Has anyone tried this color yet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-04-25, 4:57pm
Flamewoman

How do you order this stuff Susan? Do they have a website? I want some of that mantis green, looks like perfect leaf color. Oh that purple, I can only imagine the amazing beads you will make with that.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-04-25, 5:22pm

The only way to order from GL33 is to message him on FB. And if you want the Aphrodesia, you have to message Greasy Glass on FB. I cannot WAIT for this glass to arrive!!! I can send you some to play with when it comes. I got a few colors and a sampler. Squeee!

ETA: I did get the sparkly purple, but not the green. I think I also got honey strike and atlantis. Not sure what the sampler will include - it says they include a bit of whatever they have in stock at that time.

Old 2014-05-05, 4:15pm

Finally got my package on Saturday. Played with the purple pizzazz, hoping to try the honey strike and atlantis tomorrow. I was thinking the PP was a sparkle color, but need to go back and look. Mine turned out rather bubbly, a transparent pale lavender, not seeing any sparkles.

Was bummed that the sampler I ordered turned out to be odds and ends, and nothing labeled so not sure what is what.

Anyone else ordering from GL33 yet? The Badabling looks really nice. Wondering if that might be in the sampler I got.

Old 2014-05-07, 1:05am
Glassy Broad :-)

Hiya Susan! So this is what you were referring to eh?
Interesting!!!!
Sampler packs should really be shorts that are marked. At least with all my other vendors that's been the case. Got photos of it worked yet?

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2014-05-07, 6:48am

I'll get a pic of the PP test beads today, as well as the rods I received. Hoping to get in the studio today to try the other colors. Nita would you like some to play with? Mary has some on the way.

Old 2014-05-07, 7:50am

Ok got a few pics with my phone:

trial beads with Purple Pizzazz:

Here is a pic of the Atlantis, Purple Pizzazz and Honey Strike:

And this is the sampler:

Old 2014-05-07, 8:52pm

Ive got some glow in the dark stuff from GL33 on its way(at least i think so). I can post my results once I get it.
Old 2014-05-09, 8:49pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassAlias View Post
Ive got some glow in the dark stuff from GL33 on its way(at least i think so). I can post my results once I get it.
That would be great! Thank you!!!

Old 2014-05-09, 8:51pm

Mary - will you post pics of your GL33 stuff? Pretty please?

Old 2014-05-11, 9:02am
Flamewoman

Well I would Susan, but it's nothing to see. The purple pazazz just didn't show up, I was pretty dissapointed with it. Personally I think that the GL33 glass is crap and would not recommend it, it's full of air and very watered down in color, and what is supposed to sparkle does not sparkle. What about you? are you happy with it at all?

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-05-23, 10:23pm

So after waiting 2 weeks to get it in the mail what I got for my 1/2 lb. order of glow in the dark glass was some 4-5" (most were closer to 3"; some as small as 1") pieces of poo. LOADED with trapped air. Long lines of air right down the length of the rods. Unusable. And even if it didnt have the air it barely glows. I set it on my porch in the sun for 1 hr to charge up and I could barely see it in my dark basement. VERY far from quality stuff.
Old 2014-05-24, 11:29am

I'm really sorry about the glow glass. I spent $190 on my order, and won't be ordering again. I have to first say I have not tried every color yet - but what I have tried, I've been disappointed with. The purple pizzazz is very light, ZERO sparkle (the sparkle is why I ordered it). The Honey STrike came out the first time very very pale. Ran it thru again and it came out a slightly paler version of Yellow Pearl.

Overall, I wouldn't order again. The glass is not really what I expected, and the service was disappointing as well. I do realize this is probably a one person small operation, and I love supporting the smaller businesses - but for me, I think I'll stick with the bigger mfrs.

If anyone wants to try some of what I ordered, let me know. Just pay for postage, the glass will be free.

Old 2014-05-25, 7:18am

I personally appreciate your honest reviews, Thanks.

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]