Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2014-11-17, 11:54am

Unhappy Filters for Oxygen Concentrators

Does anyone out there sell filters for the M15 oxygen concentrator? The company from which I purchased my concentrator has apparently gone out of business.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 2014-11-17, 8:35pm

Try Extreme Oxygen - different company, the EX-15 is the same machine.
Old 2014-11-17, 10:13pm
I fart diamonds

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The EX-15 is a Respironics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-11-18, 3:32pm

Quote:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the ex-15 is a respironics.
i pm'ed you

Old 2015-01-29, 5:26am

David at Available Oxygen helped me out in a big way. Thanks so much!
Old 2015-02-04, 6:31am

Quote:
David at Available Oxygen helped me out in a big way. Thanks so much!
You are most welcome, anytime, thank you for your reply!

Old 2015-05-06, 5:22pm
Co-owner

Salt City Glass sells them for $9.99 per set.

PHONE: (385) 237-3365
OXYGEN 24 HOUR TEXT LINE: (801) 949-0575
LAMPWORKING 24 HOUR TEXT LINE: (801) 949-0576
Old 2015-05-07, 7:54am

Where can you get filters for the Hurricane H-1? I know ABR has one that fits the hurricane and Tornados but at 20.00 each, seems a little pricey to me.

Last edited by nevadaglass; 2015-05-08 at 1:56pm.
Old 2015-05-09, 9:17am

Quote:
Where can you get filters for the Hurricane H-1? I know ABR has one that fits the hurricane and Tornados but at 20.00 each, seems a little pricey to me.
should be the same filter as the smaller machines, since the same compressors are used.

Old 2015-05-09, 9:47am

Quote:
For an item that maybe gets changed once every couple of years this seems pretty reasonable.
Old 2015-05-11, 10:58am

Quote:
should be the same filter as the smaller machines, since the same compressors are used.
great - thanks!
Old 2015-05-11, 1:53pm

Quote:
For an item that maybe gets changed once every couple of years this seems pretty reasonable.
Reasonable if you want to figure it at a replacement of every 2-3 years, "perhaps", but if it is in fact same filters as the others - (Which sell for 9.95) they are overpriced at 20 each. I don't believe that just because some people MAY choose to replace their filters every 2 or 3 years makes them worth "double" the price , even if it is within the budget.

Keep in mind the H-1 has 2 filters so we're not talking 20 bucks - we're talking 40

Smaller machines usually replace filters every year or at least that's what I've seen recommended here. Manufacturers typically say every 6 months. Just because I can go 2 years on a bigger machine doesn't mean I should. A lot of factors go into replacement schedule such as geography - desert, coastal, humidity, dry, etc...It certainly doesn't mean you pay double because you get 2 years instead of 1 out of it. That's a bogus marketing tactic.

I replace mine every year as we tend to be a bit dustier in northern Nevada and they are always dirty. Some will probably say that is excessive for replacement but its been running perfectly for 7+ years - so I replace them every year.

As such, I don't see the point of your response except to infer that you felt my comment of 20.00 each being over priced was "unreasonable".

I acknowledge it was an opinion and as such I'll take it for what it's worth but thought in all fairness I would explain to others my thought process of why. It has nothing to do with ABR - I buy a lot from ABR. It's more about 20.00 bucks each being double what they are worth.

Thanks again Available Oxy for the great info.

Last edited by nevadaglass; 2015-05-11 at 4:24pm.
Old 2015-05-11, 6:01pm

Check with your local oxygen home health companies. I bought some from one in my local area after showing them my old one from my concentrator.
Old 2015-05-13, 8:59am

I got mine from Salt City Glass. Great price, fast, and i would buy them from there again.

Karen Sagar Art Glass

ripzz
Old 2015-05-13, 10:18am
I fart diamonds

Internal filters should be replaced every 6 months. The foam ones can be washed.

Old 2015-05-13, 10:20am
I fart diamonds

Quote:
It is. (I have a Hurricane)

Old 2015-05-13, 11:30am

Thanks Shawnette
Old 2018-01-29, 9:31am
Slogan Challenged...

bumping this, I am on the respironics page

and most of it looks familiar, but what is the battery for?

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2018-01-29, 10:30pm
Phill

My best bet is that the 9 volt battery sounds the screamer if the power goes out.

Remember these are life dependent machines and kicking the cord out of the wall as you leave the room could very well kill someone.

And, of course, engineers being who they are, the alarm will also sound if the battery gets too low so you have to keep a good one in there even if you don't want to.

Last edited by Speedslug; 2018-01-29 at 10:32pm.
Old 2018-01-30, 1:24pm
Slogan Challenged...

aha thanks Phil, that makes sense

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2018-01-31, 7:33am

I bought a previous oxycon off Craigslist. Med Supply place didn't want to carry the brand anymore ... He showed me the battery and it's a warning bell. Like if person on therapy stops breathing ... though I think it should/would go off if the machine loses power suddenly.

Old 2018-06-23, 6:32am

Alarm also sounds if the O2 hose gets kinked, or obstructed in any way!

Tags
filters, m15, oxycon