Lampwork Etc.
 
AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat


Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage


 

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #631  
Old 2009-02-07, 3:35pm
Wiley's Avatar
Wiley Wiley is offline
My opinion not needed
 
Join Date: Oct 02, 2005
Location: Bugs Bunny should'a made a left turn here
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
I tried to thank you to the answer to my question earlier. I was also trying to tell you That Ive seen a few moose in my day growing up in Madawaska Me. and Edmundston New Brunswick. For some reason when I hit the quote button It would not let me reply. Am I the only one or has anybody else noticed that a lot of these people were the cause for the woodshed being closed to the public. Then they moved to the bathroom and now they are here. I could be wrong about this but check out the bathroom which usually gets about 50 hits a day, it seems a little slow today. There where a lot of great people in the woodshed and there are a lot in the bathroom and then there were those people who have found a way to bring their little group to cause problems in this forum. This part of the forum was always great, people helped each other out, every one was nice, we don't need this. They started on Jim and when they could not prove he was totally bad person for responding to a question asked by a member of ours they moved on to Natasha, and don't say you have not been up her ass. My recommendation would be to open the woodshed back up and get these people out of here.
More assumptions ... I personally very, very rarely went in the woodshed when it was public and never since it became "pay to play".

I really think this has become a big joke. Asking questions is now wrong and just "causing problems". When did that happen? I'm so sorry I am not just a follower and say "yes sir, yes ma'am" to everyone else...sorry I have my own thoughts and opinions. And, yes that includes asking questions.

I would also like to know what little group I belong too...since as everyone knows I spend the majority of my day at a different forum. Sure, I come here too but I never knew I was part of a "little group".

Cool! I belong!
__________________
Robin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #632  
Old 2009-02-07, 3:37pm
glasshouse's Avatar
glasshouse glasshouse is offline
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun
 
Join Date: Apr 27, 2007
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 1,694
Default

The white bits are actually little pieces of refractory. Furnaces break down over time. I have had the most trouble with Vetrofond, one
particular batch of 006 clear was terrible. There are other colors that have the little white specks from time to time too, but that batch
of Vetrofond was the worst. I thought it was stones in the batch, but I asked a very knowledgeable glass seller, and he told me about
the particular conditions of the furnaces at Vetrofond that contributed to the refractory material getting into the glass.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #633  
Old 2009-02-07, 3:37pm
J&M's Avatar
J&M J&M is offline
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies
 
Join Date: Jun 09, 2006
Location: Lake Mary, Florida
Posts: 1,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasshouse View Post
Jack, please don't take offense but you're not doing them any favors. You rarely post and when you do, you invariably put down LE, say
you can't believe the people here and how rude we all are (because we're all the same, all 10,000 of us, baaaa) and then you say
you're never coming back and you're done with LE for good because we are ALL so TERRIBLE...and yet here you are again.
I actually agree with your last statement, I don't like seeing a company trashed based on conjecture and people's opinions without
substantiating facts, but I can also do it without painting everyone with the same brush. I hope you can hear what I am saying here
without taking it as a personal attack.
What does it matter if I rarely post? What does that have to do with anything? I've been reading posts here for a few years... just because I don't post as much as some others doesn't make me ignorant of the fact that there are SOME folks on LE that seem to enjoy conflict. I DON'T enjoy conflict. But I can only take so much when I see people treated like crap on this forum. I do not invariably put down LE as a whole. I've never said that. Only SOME of the people I've had conflict with are those that ARE rude, not all 10,000 of us, baaaa. I've never said you are ALL so terrible! You are putting words in my mouth.

Jack
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #634  
Old 2009-02-07, 3:41pm
Wiley's Avatar
Wiley Wiley is offline
My opinion not needed
 
Join Date: Oct 02, 2005
Location: Bugs Bunny should'a made a left turn here
Posts: 487
Default

I do realize how sarcastic I am being. I just find it funny that the few people talking about "you people" and assumptions are doing the exact thing that they are complaining about. For example Bob and Jack....you don't like assumptions yet in this thread alone you are also making plenty of them. You both have mentioned how rude "we" are...you know the ones in the "little group"... did either of you read what you posted? Do you not see your own rude behavior?

Come on. If you are going to complain about rude behavior and assumptions please don't do the exact same thing in the very posts where you complain about it.
__________________
Robin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #635  
Old 2009-02-07, 3:45pm
Wiley's Avatar
Wiley Wiley is offline
My opinion not needed
 
Join Date: Oct 02, 2005
Location: Bugs Bunny should'a made a left turn here
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&M View Post
What does it matter if I rarely post?
It doesn't. What matters is that the only time you do it is to complain.

What does that have to do with anything? I've been reading posts here for a few years... just because I don't post as much as some others doesn't make me ignorant of the fact that there are SOME folks on LE that seem to enjoy conflict. I DON'T enjoy conflict.
It is within your power to avoid it...there is a back button on all computers.

But I can only take so much when I see people treated like crap on this forum. I do not invariably put down LE as a whole. I've never said that.
I guess I don't understand the term "you people" ... to me that includes everyone. You never said that? Please see my post full of your quotes below.

Only SOME of the people I've had conflict with are those that ARE rude, not all 10,000 of us, baaaa. I've never said you are ALL so terrible! You are putting words in my mouth.
No, she isn't. Again...look at your posts referring to "you people"

Jack
WOW....you just don't read your own comments sometimes. The posts in this particular thread from you have been insulting and full of assumptions as well.
__________________
Robin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Wiley; 2009-02-07 at 3:47pm. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
  #636  
Old 2009-02-07, 3:46pm
glasshouse's Avatar
glasshouse glasshouse is offline
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun
 
Join Date: Apr 27, 2007
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 1,694
Default

Jack:

Yes, I was and I apologize. I wasn't going to go back and delve into your posting history, so I paraphrased. All I was trying to say is that
from my observations you have said you were leaving more than once after making sweeping generalizations about the membership on LE.
I have only seen you post in non-confrontational threads a handful of times. If you truly think LE is so bad, and this goes for others too, why do
you keep coming back? I haven't stalked you, I don't have any interest or ulterior motives, it is just my observation that when you post, you come
across as being very hostile, you don't like the people here, and you have said more than once that you are done and have had it with "us people."

I usually stay out of threads like these. I don't know why I let myself get involved in this one. I guess I felt like Natasha and Daniel were about to
be steamrolled by public opinion that had no basis in facts, after they had said repeatedly and in the nicest way possible that there were
no children involved in Devardi glass production.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by glasshouse; 2009-02-07 at 3:49pm.
Reply With Quote
  #637  
Old 2009-02-07, 3:56pm
bob's Avatar
bob bob is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 02, 2007
Location: Nahant Ma
Posts: 1,901
Default ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasshouse;
Jack:

Yes, I was and I apologize. I wasn't going to go back and delve into your posting history, so I paraphrased. All I was trying to say is that
from my observations you have said you were leaving more than once after making sweeping generalizations about the membership on LE.
I have only seen you post in non-confrontational threads a handful of times. If you truly think LE is so bad, and this goes for others too, why do
you keep coming back? I haven't stalked you, I don't have any interest or ulterior motives, it is just my observation that when you post, you come
across as being very hostile, you don't like the people here, and you have said more than once that you are done and have had it with "us people."

I usually stay out of threads like these. I don't know why I let myself get involved in this one. I guess I felt like Natasha and Daniel were about to
be steamrolled by public opinion that had no basis in facts, after they had said repeatedly and in the nicest way possible that there were
no children involved in Devardi glass production.
I'm with you and every one else who is tired of this feel free to jump, lets take our forum back. I never mentioned any names so why do some of us feel guilty.
Bob Proulx
Reply With Quote
  #638  
Old 2009-02-07, 4:05pm
AKDesigns's Avatar
AKDesigns AKDesigns is offline
Storm Queen
 
Join Date: Aug 30, 2005
Location: SQUIDVILLE
Posts: 8,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Am I the only one or has anybody else noticed that a lot of these people were the cause for the woodshed being closed to the public. Then they moved to the bathroom and now they are here. I could be wrong about this but check out the bathroom which usually gets about 50 hits a day, it seems a little slow today. There where a lot of great people in the woodshed and there are a lot in the bathroom and then there were those people who have found a way to bring their little group to cause problems in this forum. This part of the forum was always great, people helped each other out, every one was nice, we don't need this. They started on Jim and when they could not prove he was totally bad person for responding to a question asked by a member of ours they moved on to Natasha, and don't say you have not been up her ass. My recommendation would be to open the woodshed back up and get these people out of here.
I rarely went to the Woodshed. I'd say I posted there less than 10 times. I think your Woodshed assumption is way off. The Bathroom is usually slower on the weekend. Today is no exception. Your "get these people out of here" comment is really quite sad. The vast majority of us posting in this thread help out with glass questions quite frequently. To "get us out" would be a great loss for many here. I just can't believe you even said that. This thread did not bring us to this section of the forum. We all frequent it and help out with questions and ask our own questions on a regular basis.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote
  #639  
Old 2009-02-07, 4:15pm
J&M's Avatar
J&M J&M is offline
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies
 
Join Date: Jun 09, 2006
Location: Lake Mary, Florida
Posts: 1,028
Default

[quote=Wiley;2366445]I'm glad you're bored! Me too...so since I have nothing to do right now...I'll play.

You have mentioned everyone by referring to "you people" and facts? What facts have you laid out?
That's my point. Their are no facts yet. But that doesn't seem to matter to "some of you people". No one has the facts about the DEVARDI Glass Factory. Why can't "some of you people" just wait for the facts to be told when they become available? That's all I'm saying. I don't post here looking for a fight, yet "some people" here at LE seem to relish in it.

The post above...where you chastise "you people" (us) about assumptions....um, all you are doing is also making assumptions.

Did I mention your name when I referred to "you people"? NO. So are you feeling a little guilty, or what?

Oh...and telling people to drop it....yes, that is what that comment says to people. Go make beads; shut up and quit talking about it.
That's how you perceive it, and NOT how it was meant. You're assuming that it was. I'm sorry you feel that way.


Where are the veiled threats to people? And since you are so worried about this forum and it being ruined...not to mention how much you dislike it...AND you keep saying that you are leaving...

why are you still here? Seriously.... you seem to dislike us..."you people".... you constantly say you are leaving.... why do you come back? Just to keep fanning the flames?

Oh wait...I forgot! You're bored! That's why...you don't care you are just bored.
I'm just bored at listening to nonsense coming out of "some of your people's" mouths, that's all.

I dislike people who make threats of "I'm not gonna buy this glass because it's made by impoverished children", when one doesn't know if that it true or not. What if it isn't true? What Natasha and Daniel have had to go through is incredible and truly sad. THAT"S why I post and say the things that "you" don't seem to care for. Sorry if I offended "you".
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #640  
Old 2009-02-07, 4:15pm
DesertDreamer's Avatar
DesertDreamer DesertDreamer is offline
Ad astra per aspera
 
Join Date: Jun 15, 2005
Location: Apache Junction AZ
Posts: 7,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
I do have a question for some of you regarding the stones and other stuff in Italian/German or any other glass. I've been working with rods (in the flame for 4 years; in stained glass for about 7 or I have never had any inclusions in any glass other than rocky rubino. Were these marked seconds? Just curious since I have never come across any.

I guess maybe I am just very lucky.
Nope, never labeled as anything other than the usual glass. I swore off Moretti Pea Green for three years before I relented...then I got a batch with bubbles.

Guess what? Devardi has a very similar color, and it neither bubbles nor explodes! ROFL
__________________
Karen Sherwood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #641  
Old 2009-02-07, 4:15pm
Wiley's Avatar
Wiley Wiley is offline
My opinion not needed
 
Join Date: Oct 02, 2005
Location: Bugs Bunny should'a made a left turn here
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
I rarely went to the Woodshed. I'd say I posted there less than 10 times. I think your Woodshed assumption is way off. The Bathroom is usually slower on the weekend. Today is no exception. Your "get these people out of here" comment is really quite sad. The vast majority of us posting in this thread help out with glass questions quite frequently. To "get us out" would be a great loss for many here. I just can't believe you even said that. This thread did not bring us to this section of the forum. We all frequent it and help out with questions and ask our own questions on a regular basis.
We should probably stay out though....I mean posting in this thread is only because we feel guilty. Of what I don't know.

And Bob regarding not mentioning names? Maybe you should instead of referring to "you people". That on it's own is rude. And IF you were referring to me, please let me know what I am or should be feeling guilty about.

Just a note though....I will NEVER feel guilty about asking questions. EVER. I was not rude when I asked them however the responses given to my question last night/this morning by the owners of Devardi (specifically Natasha's husband) were....rude and insulting.
__________________
Robin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #642  
Old 2009-02-07, 4:20pm
ruca's Avatar
ruca ruca is offline
jessica barksdale
 
Join Date: Oct 26, 2008
Location: seattle, wa
Posts: 516
Default

Quote:
As far as possible children working in the factory, it is NOT happening. There was a discussion on this subject that was apparently moved to another area. Please search for it if you are interested. Gotta keep this about the Devardi Glass.
Quote:
She would never buy or sell glass made by children.
both of these quotes came from daniel & natasha. they now have said twice that as far as they know, there are no children working in this factory. i really don't think asking again, or making more speculation, is going to change what they know. the only thing that can settle this is them going to the factory themselves, which they said they were planning on doing (this was said in a post that has been deleted) in another deleted post they also said they had a third party inspect the factory, & the results came back that the conditions of the factory were above what is acceptable in india.

i think really, until there is evidence, its unfair to assume one way or the other. i'm interested to hear what they find about the working conditions after first hand experience.

i agree that maybe this all could be handled in a better way, but i can understand daniel's frustration. its hard having so many people question you, & it can be upsetting. i hope that daniel or natasha will come back & try to mend the situation.

thanks to everyone for their input, information, & opinions.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jes
i make stuff & also things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #643  
Old 2009-02-07, 4:25pm
bob's Avatar
bob bob is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 02, 2007
Location: Nahant Ma
Posts: 1,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley;
We should probably stay out though....I mean posting in this thread is only because we feel guilty. Of what I don't know.

And Bob regarding not mentioning names? Maybe you should instead of referring to "you people". That on it's own is rude. And IF you were referring to me, please let me know what I am or should be feeling guilty about.

Just a note though....I will NEVER feel guilty about asking questions. EVER. I was not rude when I asked them however the responses given to my question last night/this morning by the owners of Devardi (specifically Natasha's husband) were....rude and insulting.
I wonder why, I'm done with this suck somebody else in. At least Ive given Natasha a little break.
YOU KNOW WHO
Reply With Quote
  #644  
Old 2009-02-07, 4:26pm
Wiley's Avatar
Wiley Wiley is offline
My opinion not needed
 
Join Date: Oct 02, 2005
Location: Bugs Bunny should'a made a left turn here
Posts: 487
Default

[quote=J&M;2366490]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
I'm glad you're bored! Me too...so since I have nothing to do right now...I'll play.

You have mentioned everyone by referring to "you people" and facts? What facts have you laid out?
That's my point. Their are no facts yet. But that doesn't seem to matter to "some of you people". No one has the facts about the DEVARDI Glass Factory. Why can't "some of you people" just wait for the facts to be told when they become available? That's all I'm saying. I don't post here looking for a fight, yet "some people" here at LE seem to relish in it.

OK. That does go both ways. If I should not assume that this factory in India is like the other glass factories there....you should not assume that it is not. You and I need to wait for the facts. Agreed? You can not assume that the factory is not using kids, is unsafe, etc....I can not assume that they are. It has to cut both ways.

Perhaps some do. I don't know. I don't know what is going on in anyone's head other than my own. I was asking questions. If they had been answered this discussion probably would have gone a lot better. I don't come here looking for a fight...I don't relish in it. I also don't know who here does and I have been here for years.

The post above...where you chastise "you people" (us) about assumptions....um, all you are doing is also making assumptions.

Did I mention your name when I referred to "you people"? NO. So are you feeling a little guilty, or what?

Nope. Not guilty at all. So, who were you referring to when you said "you people"? As I said that includes every member of the forum. You feeling guilty?? You must be since you keep bringing it up.

Oh...and telling people to drop it....yes, that is what that comment says to people. Go make beads; shut up and quit talking about it.
That's how you perceive it, and NOT how it was meant. You're assuming that it was. I'm sorry you feel that way.

OK. How should I take being told to go make beads instead of looking at this thread in the forum? Please tell me what you meant by that comment:

"It seems to me that you should sit back, relax, go make some beautiful glass art and see what the TRUTH is when Natasha visits the factory in the near future like she said a few days ago."


Where are the veiled threats to people? And since you are so worried about this forum and it being ruined...not to mention how much you dislike it...AND you keep saying that you are leaving...

why are you still here? Seriously.... you seem to dislike us..."you people".... you constantly say you are leaving.... why do you come back? Just to keep fanning the flames?

Oh wait...I forgot! You're bored! That's why...you don't care you are just bored.
I'm just bored at listening to nonsense coming out of "some of your people's" mouths, that's all.

I dislike people who make threats of "I'm not gonna buy this glass because it's made by impoverished children", when one doesn't know if that it true or not. What if it isn't true? What Natasha and Daniel have had to go through is incredible and truly sad. THAT"S why I post and say the things that "you" don't seem to care for. Sorry if I offended "you".
You dislike people .... ? OK since you don't like assumtions please explain that. You dislike like me - someone you don't even know or you dislike a comment I made? Which is it? I don't want to assume or read your mind.


__________________
Robin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #645  
Old 2009-02-07, 4:28pm
Wiley's Avatar
Wiley Wiley is offline
My opinion not needed
 
Join Date: Oct 02, 2005
Location: Bugs Bunny should'a made a left turn here
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDreamer View Post
Nope, never labeled as anything other than the usual glass. I swore off Moretti Pea Green for three years before I relented...then I got a batch with bubbles.

Guess what? Devardi has a very similar color, and it neither bubbles nor explodes! ROFL
Thanks Karen! I've been very, very lucky it seems ... The only glass I ever had inclusions with was the Rocky Rubino and "bad" shocking with Anise white. I could always get around it with some pre-heating though.

Thanks!
__________________
Robin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #646  
Old 2009-02-07, 4:32pm
Wiley's Avatar
Wiley Wiley is offline
My opinion not needed
 
Join Date: Oct 02, 2005
Location: Bugs Bunny should'a made a left turn here
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
I wonder why, I'm done with this suck somebody else in. At least Ive given Natasha a little break.
YOU KNOW WHO
Hmmm....Me? God forbid I assume!

I'm sure she will thank you for your rudeness in her thread. Please save everyone else problems in the future and refer to ME (by Wiley or Robin) instead of "YOU PEOPLE"

AND when you refer to me...please get the facts straight. I never participated in the Woodshed and very rarely in the Bathroom.
__________________
Robin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #647  
Old 2009-02-07, 5:01pm
J&M's Avatar
J&M J&M is offline
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies
 
Join Date: Jun 09, 2006
Location: Lake Mary, Florida
Posts: 1,028
Default My apologies...

I'm very sorry Natasha and Daniel have had to go through all of this stuff. Grilling them over and over and over just got to be too much for me, and apparently, Daniel. That's why I was complaining about some of the people that just kept on pushing and pushing them. Nasty PM's and phone calls? That's totally uncalled for, IMHO. I want to apologize to "all you people" that I offended. I do not post on LE to be rude, but I just can't stand back and see, what seems to me to be kind and caring people, get raked through the coals for nothing they have done.

I've tried to be honest in my opinions and I know everyone has their own thoughts about this thread. I just cannot, and will not, sit back and watch this happen. I have never met Natasha and Daniel, I have no interest in their business, nor do I gain anything from posting about this subject. I'm not on anybody's side... for or against. I just want to see them treated like you would like to be treated... THAT'S ALL. If my wife was subjected to constant harrassment like Natasha has been, I would lash out at those who offended also. I would give my life for my wife as I'm sure everyone else would for their spouse. Daniel didn't do anything that any other kind and loving spouse would have done. He nor his company should be "blackballed" for his response. IMHO.

That's the only times I post any disparaging remarks about "some" of the folks here on LE. I do not, I repeat, I do not believe ALL of LE and everyone in it is bad. Only when personal attacks are made on people without proof of wrongdoing am I negative... and then it is directed at those that are doing the attacking without proof or reason. NOT all of LE like has been stated.

Anyone who has been upset by any of my remarks, I do apologize. But that's the way I feel... just like some of you feel differently. I am NOT the "police" nor do I pretend to be. That's not my objective here. I'm just trying to take a stand and stop these malicious attacks and threats on Natasha and Daniel... AND Jim who was lambasted earlier in this thread.

Again, I am sorry for voicing my opinions that don't neccessarily agree with eveyone, and will try not to do it again. I'll just go back to lurking and try to ignore "some of you people" that make this forum kinda' crummy.

Thanks for reading,
Jack
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #648  
Old 2009-02-07, 5:11pm
Wiley's Avatar
Wiley Wiley is offline
My opinion not needed
 
Join Date: Oct 02, 2005
Location: Bugs Bunny should'a made a left turn here
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&M View Post
I'm very sorry Natasha and Daniel have had to go through all of this stuff. Grilling them over and over and over just got to be too much for me, and apparently, Daniel. That's why I was complaining about some of the people that just kept on pushing and pushing them. Nasty PM's and phone calls? That's totally uncalled for, IMHO. I want to apologize to "all you people" that I offended. I do not post on LE to be rude, but I just can't stand back and see, what seems to me to be kind and caring people, get raked through the coals for nothing they have done.

I've tried to be honest in my opinions and I know everyone has their own thoughts about this thread. I just cannot, and will not, sit back and watch this happen. I have never met Natasha and Daniel, I have no interest in their business, nor do I gain anything from posting about this subject. I'm not on anybody's side... for or against. I just want to see them treated like you would like to be treated... THAT'S ALL. If my wife was subjected to constant harrassment like Natasha has been, I would lash out at those who offended also. I would give my life for my wife as I'm sure everyone else would for their spouse. Daniel didn't do anything that any other kind and loving spouse would have done. He nor his company should be "blackballed" for his response. IMHO.

That's the only times I post any disparaging remarks about "some" of the folks here on LE. I do not, I repeat, I do not believe ALL of LE and everyone in it is bad. Only when personal attacks are made on people without proof of wrongdoing am I negative... and then it is directed at those that are doing the attacking without proof or reason. NOT all of LE like has been stated.

Anyone who has been upset by any of my remarks, I do apologize. But that's the way I feel... just like some of you feel differently. I am NOT the "police" nor do I pretend to be. That's not my objective here. I'm just trying to take a stand and stop these malicious attacks and threats on Natasha and Daniel... AND Jim who was lambasted earlier in this thread.

Again, I am sorry for voicing my opinions that don't neccessarily agree with eveyone, and will try not to do it again. I'll just go back to lurking and try to ignore "some of you people" that make this forum kinda' crummy.

Thanks for reading,
Jack
I agree with you ... PMs and phone calls are way over the line. Why go back to lurking? As you said...we all have opinions.

And again...if you think I am "some of you people that make this forum kinda' crummy" please feel free to say my name that way nobody is confused about "you people" comments.

We all have thoughts, opinions and ideas. We don't all have to agree or run back to lurking ...
__________________
Robin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #649  
Old 2009-02-07, 5:16pm
J&M's Avatar
J&M J&M is offline
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies
 
Join Date: Jun 09, 2006
Location: Lake Mary, Florida
Posts: 1,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
I agree with you ... PMs and phone calls are way over the line. Why go back to lurking? As you said...we all have opinions.

And again...if you think I am "some of you people that make this forum kinda' crummy" please feel free to say my name that way nobody is confused about "you people" comments.

We all have thoughts, opinions and ideas. We don't all have to agree or run back to lurking ...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #650  
Old 2009-02-07, 5:21pm
Wiley's Avatar
Wiley Wiley is offline
My opinion not needed
 
Join Date: Oct 02, 2005
Location: Bugs Bunny should'a made a left turn here
Posts: 487
Default

What were you trying to say that I missed?

I was agreeing with you!!!!!



Ya know what? I agree with you on this too.....
"Again, I am sorry for voicing my opinions that don't neccessarily agree with eveyone, and will try not to do it again. ... and try to ignore "some of you people" that make this forum kinda' crummy."
"...the fact that there are SOME folks on LE that seem to enjoy conflict. I DON'T enjoy conflict..... Only SOME of the people I've had conflict with are those that ARE rude....."
__________________
Robin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Wiley; 2009-02-07 at 5:35pm. Reason: added to
Reply With Quote
  #651  
Old 2009-02-07, 5:32pm
theglasszone's Avatar
theglasszone theglasszone is offline
I speak Murrini!
 
Join Date: Oct 12, 2006
Location: In a Glass House, CA
Posts: 9,170
Default

My beloved LE family:

PLEASE!!!! I know this has become a heated subject - with genuine concerns and valid points made from all sides...

Maybe now would be a good time to step back, cool off, and let Daniel and Natasha have some time to research and post about their factory findings!

* I think the questions asked are valid and that it's in everyone's best interests to get verifiable, definitive answers so we all know where we stand;
* I think in all fairness, it's proper to allow Daniel and Natasha a reasonable amount of time to acquire these answers and provide them to us.

De
__________________
~DeAnne~
I've got a murrini for that,'ya know!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Reply With Quote
  #652  
Old 2009-02-07, 5:37pm
JBeads's Avatar
JBeads JBeads is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 12, 2007
Location: Haliburton
Posts: 81
Default

Geesh what a train wreck this is.

Ya know for those that are questioning and questioning and naggin and naggin about which factory this comes from and if they employ kids or not. How about you give the woman some time to look into it.
You seem to want answers YESTERDAY. She is in no way obligated to give the name of her source to you. Nor do I think she should, ever.

You have asked the question, she answered, that was not good enough for you, so now you have planted the SEED of assumption that child labor is indeed being used just because Natasha is being secretive, according to you.

If you feel that strongly then don't buy the glass and now that you have indeed threw the shit in the fan and made a whole lot of people back away from buying this glass. Why don't you just LEAVE it alone.

You have done what you wanted to do. Planted the seed of Doubt. Its done.

As for CIM. The fact that their factory does not employ kids, but is family run, does not negate the fact that China itself is a human rights violation and to say its okay to buy from that one factory and ignore all the other shit that happens over there is ahhhh nevermind, ya won't get it anyway...

As for inclusions in other types of class that are supposed to have high standards. I got a whole freakin pound of useless moretti white shatters and pops, a new pound of almost useless very expensive moretti intense black with all kinds of bubbles and inclusions, my black metalic breaks off at every half inch or so while in the torch and quite frankly they can't make a freakin good pink to save their lives!!!!

Off my box.

I WAS enjoying reading about this new glass and would like to continue reading about it and what the people that are trying are finding.

Can we get back to the regular scheduled program now?
Reply With Quote
  #653  
Old 2009-02-07, 5:42pm
squid's Avatar
squid squid is offline
Ass-kicking Cephalopod
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2006
Location: Duh, Squidville
Posts: 9,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
My beloved LE family:

PLEASE!!!! I know this has become a heated subject - with genuine concerns and valid points made from all sides...

Maybe now would be a good time to step back, cool off, and let Daniel and Natasha have some time to research and post about their factory findings!

* I think the questions asked are valid and that it's in everyone's best interests to get verifiable, definitive answers so we all know where we stand;
* I think in all fairness, it's proper to allow Daniel and Natasha a reasonable amount of time to acquire these answers and provide them to us.

De
Frankly, given Daniel's nasty posts, the working conditions are a moot point for me.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Reply With Quote
  #654  
Old 2009-02-07, 5:47pm
glassactcc's Avatar
glassactcc glassactcc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 23, 2006
Posts: 5,540
Default

Jbeads

"I WAS enjoying reading about this new glass and would like to continue reading about it and what the people that are trying are finding"

You could go to this thread! I'm sorry, I can't figure out how to make the link and nice little word and apparently I'm not too good at quoting a sentence either.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=121271
__________________
Cynthia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #655  
Old 2009-02-07, 6:02pm
JBeads's Avatar
JBeads JBeads is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 12, 2007
Location: Haliburton
Posts: 81
Default

Thanks Cynthia, I found ya.....

Oh and don't EVEN get me started on Moretti CLEAR.......how freakin dirty that crap is.

I got a few pounds with I don't know what the hell is in there. Looks like they dropped it on the floor and it picked up a bunch of little stones and gritty bits.
Reply With Quote
  #656  
Old 2009-02-07, 6:06pm
pam's Avatar
pam pam is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 15, 2005
Posts: 2,251
Default

You know, at no time do I recall ever, EVER attacking anyone on this forum. It may have happened over the years I have been here, but I try to be extremely careful that I do not personalize things. I have opinons regarding glass made in India and that is what this thread was about until people took exception to the postings of the facts regarding glass factories in India. The glass factories in India have horrible history with their unsafe conditions and child labor. THIS WAS NOT AN ATTACK ON NATASHA AND DANIEL. I even stated that I didn't blame Daniel for his post. I would appreciate if people would get their facts straight before posting personal attacks. I was not nasty or rude to Jim. I have not done anything except explain my knowledge of conditions in India in glass factories and what I know from personal experience and much research on the making of glass. I'm not sure why it is considered bad to post in either the bathroom or the woodshed. Both are rooms used by many people on this forum. I do not, nor have I ever called Natasha or Daniel, nor have I emailed them, nor PM'ed them. I do not condone nasty pm's, email or phone calls. I think that is a horrible thing to do. Actually, I don't know of anyone on this forum that would do that. Natasha and Daniel may be the nicest people in the world, but that has nothing to do with the glass they are selling.

I personally find the reactions by some of the people in this thread to be very narrow minded. You want to deny the right of an opposing opinion. I certainly would not deny you your right to speak your mind.

I think we have all learned something from this thread.
__________________
Pam

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #657  
Old 2009-02-07, 6:06pm
glassactcc's Avatar
glassactcc glassactcc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 23, 2006
Posts: 5,540
Default

Oh good.

I know. I only use Moretti clear for my bead cores. Nobody can see it under there!


Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeads View Post
Thanks Cynthia, I found ya.....

Oh and don't EVEN get me started on Moretti CLEAR.......how freakin dirty that crap is.

I got a few pounds with I don't know what the hell is in there. Looks like they dropped it on the floor and it picked up a bunch of little stones and gritty bits.
__________________
Cynthia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #658  
Old 2009-02-07, 6:18pm
JBeads's Avatar
JBeads JBeads is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 12, 2007
Location: Haliburton
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
I have opinons regarding glass made in India and that is what this thread was about until people took exception to the postings of the facts regarding glass factories in India. The glass factories in India have horrible history with their unsafe conditions and child labor. I have not done anything except explain my knowledge of conditions in India in glass factories and what I know from personal experience and much research on the making of glass. .


YES Pam you and others have stated your knowledge of factories over and over and dare I say Ad nauseam.

It gets a little petty and foolish when people just keep poking and poking.

I gather it would be like if Natasha had a gun shot wound and everyone kept sticking their finger in the HOLE.....or how about having a Chest Tube put in while wide awake without the aid or drugs, then the nurse coming along and yanking it out and sticking it back in over and over.

I don't blame them at all for being Defensive. I would be too if put in this position as I am sure most of you would be.
Reply With Quote
  #659  
Old 2009-02-07, 6:21pm
Carolyn M's Avatar
Carolyn M Carolyn M is offline
Life is change. Love it
 
Join Date: Oct 10, 2005
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 5,566
Default

O.m.g.



__________________
cRlyn, cause Traci says so

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #660  
Old 2009-02-07, 6:28pm
Kalera's Avatar
Kalera Kalera is offline
I'm a lilac!
 
Join Date: Jun 09, 2005
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Such as we found in rocky rubino. This is not a problem that only happens with glass from India. I have found it in Italian made glass often enough. I have a batch of lovely dark lapis (I think that was the name I'd have to run check and its just not worth the time) that has rocks in it.

The rocky rubino was sold as a second. For some time, there were also rocky dark lapis seconds available, very inexpensively as I recall.
__________________
-Kalera

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
devardi, missing posts?


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:53pm.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Your IP: 44.192.48.196