Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2012-12-03, 9:15am
Jacqueline Parkes

Default Gems In Bloom Luscious Leaves Tutorial

I stayed up all night to finish! It is available in my Etsy store and I will be staying close to home for the next few days so you can receive your tutorials quickly, thanks so much!

Here I present my tutorial for off mandrel leaves. The tutorial includes, text, pictures and videos. There are a total of four videos, three smaller clips for specific techniques and one larger video demonstrating the whole process which includes the final step of creating the loop. The tutorial is suitable for both beginners and more experience lampworkers. The leaves can be created with any COE. The glass recipes shared in the tutorial are both 104 and 90 COE. The tutorial is based on a design created with 104 COE glass.

It is specially priced as a thank you for all the support I have received from the lampwork community over the years. It is a perfect time to treat yourself or someone else with a lampwork tutorial as a gift for Christmas!

Regular price $25
Discounted price $22

With the purchase of my tutorial you will have full rights to create as many beads using my tutorial , either for sale or your own personal use.

The tutorial is 30 pages and will be emailed after receiving payment ,within 24 hours, usually immediately!

There are no refunds for Ebooks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-12-03, 10:56am

Wowzers and what a fantastic price.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripzz
Old 2012-12-03, 11:01am

Just ordered mine! Can't wait to open it.

Old 2012-12-03, 11:22am
Jacqueline Parkes

Merci! Is it open yet ?

Old 2012-12-03, 11:33am
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Gems - that looks fabulous. Well done.
Do we need a special tool for this, or is a generic leaf masher sufficient?
Thanks

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2012-12-03, 11:36am
Jacqueline Parkes

Hi Judith, you can use any type of leaf masher you prefer but I do have my favorite with the deep veins. I spoke to http://www.rockymountainglasscrafts.com and he assures me that he carries the same leaf press with the deep veins ( there is an inferior model out there where the veins are not as noticable) I share all this in the tutorial as well.

thanks!

Old 2012-12-03, 11:56am
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
Hi Judith, you can use any type of leaf masher you prefer but I do have my favorite with the deep veins. I spoke to http://www.rockymountainglasscrafts.com and he assures me that he carries the same leaf press with the deep veins ( there is an inferior model out there where the veins are not as noticable) I share all this in the tutorial as well.

thanks!
Oh, that's good to know.
Thanks for the link!

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2012-12-03, 1:29pm
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

I just LOVE this tutorial! Thank you soooo much!

Old 2012-12-03, 1:32pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Awww thank you Elizabeth. I expect to see some new leaves from you soon

Old 2012-12-03, 1:56pm

I have some of your leaves, and now I have the tutorial. Yea! It will be fun to actually try something off mandrel.
I do have a question, though. Do you think is is any easier to use the COE 90 glass for first off mandrel attempts, or just stick to the COE I know best?
Thank you for making this tutorial available!
Jan

What a long, strange trip it's been!!!

One half of
. Mega-Minor/Bethlehem Betta, propane and an M-15 oxycon.
is open
Old 2012-12-03, 2:00pm
Jacqueline Parkes

That is a good question Jan. I would suggest working with the 104 to begin with so you don't get spoiled with a stiffer glass. If you begin with 90, you may have troubles learning with 104. You know? That is how I would approach it but others may disagree. When I tried the leaves with Bullseye, it really wasn't much different for me but then again, I have always worked with both COEs.

Okay that was rambling. Sorry, I have been awake since Sunday morning. My final answer is:

Learn with 104 first!

hehe

Old 2012-12-03, 2:18pm
Companion

About 10 leaves are in the kiln

I LOVE this tut!
Don't you cry no more
Old 2012-12-03, 2:24pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Omg you guys are making me smile. I have a couple of you emailing me as the leaves are being popped in the kiln. It is addictive, isn't it?

I have to say, I felt really goofy making the videos. I have never done that before . I do hope they help.

Old 2012-12-03, 2:33pm
Companion

They are perfect

It's a very good idea to include videos. I did learn the steps faster than just with the pics.
Don't you cry no more
Old 2012-12-03, 2:42pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Yes I learn quicker with videos as well.

Thanks to Diane Woodall, there is another source for the mashers. She says the veins on hers seems quite deep as well. Here is the source:

http://www.glasscraftinc.com/home/gl...plier_han.html

Old 2012-12-03, 2:50pm
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

Ok, now this tutorial is too addictive! I can't stop making leaves!

Old 2012-12-03, 3:05pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Don't forget to eat lol.

Old 2012-12-03, 3:33pm

Ordered mine. Can't wait to get them. I just started playing with the flowers. I could not print all of the pages there were so many. I did get one bead done though, have to go back and read the formula for the canes. Awesome tutorials.
Cherri
Old 2012-12-03, 3:43pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Thank you Cherri

Old 2012-12-04, 9:25am

Jacqueline, it is brilliant! I love the addition of the video. This is the sort of technique where a video really makes it all so much more clear. And I love the method you use for getting such wonderful color variations. I have to admit I would never have figured that out on my own.

It does take practice to get the motion of making the loops down pat, but it's worth it not to have to clean beads when they come out of the kiln. These babies are ready to go! Gotta love that.

Best of luck with your new tutorial. It rocks!

Old 2012-12-04, 12:30pm
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

Just a quick input. If you do not have magnifiers, go get some! At first, I wasn't sure about it but now, I would not work without it. Makes a huge difference. There's a lot of head magnifiers available on eBay.
Worth the buy!

Old 2012-12-04, 2:38pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Yes the magnifiers are the bomb and thank you Diane!

Old 2012-12-04, 3:00pm
Jacqueline Parkes

It only took me three years to figure out, haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Woodall View Post
Jacqueline, it is brilliant! I love the addition of the video. This is the sort of technique where a video really makes it all so much more clear. And I love the method you use for getting such wonderful color variations. I have to admit I would never have figured that out on my own.

It does take practice to get the motion of making the loops down pat, but it's worth it not to have to clean beads when they come out of the kiln. These babies are ready to go! Gotta love that.

Best of luck with your new tutorial. It rocks!

Old 2013-03-01, 2:25pm

Smile

I just downloaded and printed a copy of this wonderful tutorial! Good, clear instructions, pictures are outstanding, and the videos add so much!
Thanks, Jacqueline, I cannot wait to try this out!!!
Old 2013-03-01, 2:27pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Thank you for the wonderful recommendation Shirley

The sale ends Monday March 4th at noon pacific time if you did not receive the email.

Old 2013-03-15, 1:13pm

Talking

Finally got a few with great loops! Now to work on leaf designs- Most wonderful tutorial EVER as are all of yours are. Breathtaking!!!!
My recommendation is BUY THEM ALL! Best investment you'll ever make!

Jacqueline's tutorials are the best investment you'll ever make, even if you don't make flowers! BUY ALL HER'S NOW!
Karen
Old 2013-03-15, 1:16pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Wow Karen, thank you so so much for the recommendation. I really appreciate it. Glad you are having fun making leaves. Don't give up on the loops. It took me awhile as well to get a feel for it. It will come! I was just thinking this morning that I have not made leaves in awhile, so it is about time. Also, once you figure out the loop, you can move onto making other styles , not just leaves. I made a pendant with a dragonfly and a loop to hang!

Oops , I misread you. Sounds like you have the loops figured out, awesome

Last edited by gemsinbloom; 2013-03-15 at 1:18pm.
Old 2013-03-16, 7:30pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Looking forward to getting my tute. I just got a press too.

Old 2013-03-16, 7:31pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Hi Debbie, did you purchase? I ask because my email server has been having hiccups in the last week. Let me know if you need help.

Old 2013-03-16, 7:35pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Yes, It was only last night late, so I am not worried. I got a perlenne masher in the mail yesterday and I will try it out with the tute.