LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-07-17, 10:54am
Don't worry, bead happy!

Default Mosaic Green...show me/help me :)

I have some Mosaic Green frit...any tips on working with it or pics of beads with this color?

Thanks!
Old 2012-07-17, 1:15pm
Beadmaking.nl

Try it with Opel yellow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-07-17, 1:29pm

I love it in organics. Using it with Dark Ivory I get some cool webbing.
Old 2012-07-17, 2:30pm

I needed that mosaic green color for a John Deere bead for my brother and when i made the stringers,they stayed very dark and did not really resemble green at all.Went to my Zimmermann rods and used dark green..came out perfect!I do know Mosaic is great with OY and great for organics like Beatrix and Margriet said.
"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-07-17, 4:13pm
offically down under

Mosaic is a beautiful shade but in rod form can be very shocky. It's a spreading glass so be very easy with it or it will take over the entire bead.

Old 2012-07-18, 8:08am
Queen Tut ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammydownunder View Post
Mosaic is a beautiful shade but in rod form can be very shocky. It's a spreading glass so be very easy with it or it will take over the entire bead.
It's a very overpowering glass. A little goes a very long way, as it spreads so easily. Lovely glass, goes well with other "spreaders" for some cool effects.

Old 2012-07-18, 6:35pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I like to use it in twisties. Just be sure to paint it on your gather with a stringer rather than using the whole rod.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2012-07-18, 8:31pm
Don't worry, bead happy!

Thanks for the tips, y'all! I'll give your suggestions a try!

Bretta
Old 2012-07-19, 8:56pm
Lover of Life

I'd love to see some pics!

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2012-07-21, 5:20am
Glass-aholic

I like to burn it and reduce it to get a red webbed surface. I like making organics with it in many colors and then super burning/overworking/reducing until I get the red webs. It's really fossil like or some odd rock..

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2012-07-28, 1:34am
It's all about the color.

You can see it on this chart from my website:
http://www.listen-up.org/kitty/beads...etre/eff08.jpg
The main jist of it is, don't use it with Ivory.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2012-07-28, 4:09am

Kay..did you do all the beads for your chart?Thats a super idea..must have taken considerable time but what a reference to have!I'm sure you have many more that the one you showed?fantastic!
"

Old 2012-07-29, 2:24pm
Formerly FishBulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listenup View Post
You can see it on this chart from my website:
http://www.listen-up.org/kitty/beads...etre/eff08.jpg
The main jist of it is, don't use it with Ivory.
Good heavens, it sure makes a black spreading mess on Ivory, doesn't it??

Thanks for that link! The reduced Periwinkle looks very cool.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2012-07-29, 2:40pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rareripes View Post
Kay..did you do all the beads for your chart?Thats a super idea..must have taken considerable time but what a reference to have!I'm sure you have many more that the one you showed?fantastic!
Thanks. Yes, there are a ton more and you can see them all here, and an explanation as to what each column was designed to show:
http://www.listen-up.org/kitty/beads/frit.htm

And I have a ton I haven't put online, and even more that I haven't had a chance to melt yet.

For those who haven't checked out my charts (I have a few on a number of topics), the link is always in my signature file.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2012-08-02, 12:56pm
Glass-aholic

Attachment 128442 here it is using NAOS's denim olive tutorial

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2012-08-02, 2:40pm
Isinglass Design

Copper green is a great background for it. Or wait, I think it's aqua 232. Hmmm... maybe it's both-but try the aqua for a nice reptilian look.

Kay- those charts are just amazing!

Laurie

Last edited by glassbead; 2012-08-02 at 2:48pm.
Old 2012-08-02, 6:51pm

Thank You.

Old 2012-08-02, 7:01pm
Don't worry, bead happy!

Thanks for all the tips everyone! I'll play and post pictures in the next couple of weeks, I hope.