Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2010-05-17, 5:46pm
Favorite color is shiny

Default Okay, what's the trick? to getting that blasted.....

....hose onto the barbed fitting at the torch???? (I've ordered my flashback arrestors and I'm waiting patiently for them to arrive..well kind of patiently.) I wanted to at least try to put the hose on the torch and well...it's halfway and I'm using all I've got to get that far.
Don't tell me I need to hire a man for this part of the job...grrrrrr*

I'm back after a long time with a cold torch. Torch Lit.... Life is goooood.....now!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---> LE
Old 2010-05-17, 6:33pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

No man needed. Just a little spit and vinegar, well, spit really... As yucky as that sounds, a touch of spit will lubricate the fitting and allow it to slide on. You may have to back the hose off a bit and start again. Also, be sure the hose is the right size for the fitting, and that the clamp is already on the hose.

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Old 2010-05-17, 6:45pm
I speak Murrini!

I just KNEW Pammy would come to the rescue! That's IT!!! Thanks Pam...you were the one who helped me with my Mini in the way-back machine! Remember?

I dare not post the lubes that came to mind when I was first asked this question...

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-05-17, 6:49pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

Of course I remember! Wish I didn't move so far away. I would be fun to have a play day. We won't dock points for being creative on lubricants

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Old 2010-05-17, 7:19pm
Favorite color is shiny

Thanks Pam!!!!! I've been digging around in my...ahem....medicine cabinet for something that was NOT oil based. I came up empty handed but ya know.. I was so agitated, earlier, at not being able to get the hose to shimmy up I was spitting every where...too bad a little didn't land on the fitting...UGH!!

Ya know, I might need a man after all.. as I sit here trying to muster up some spit... the image of a baseball player, comes to mind, complete with spit and an itch in an obvious place.

Thanks De for all your help.. I sooo appreciate you both.

I'm back after a long time with a cold torch. Torch Lit.... Life is goooood.....now!

---> LE
Old 2010-05-17, 7:42pm
honorary bead lady

Boil some water, stick the end of the hose in it, wait 30 sec, pull it out, shake it off and stick it on the barb.

OH that really doesn't sound good!
Old 2010-05-17, 8:06pm
Flame Dames Rule!

Yep, the boiling water thing is what Craig at Arrow Springs recommended when I had the same problem. Works great! *s*

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2010-05-17, 8:16pm
Favorite color is shiny

Thanks David and SharonP, I'll try the boiling water method because, now for some reason, I'm having a hard time accumulating spit!!! teehee*
As hard as it is to push on and up.. it make take both boiling and spit!!!!

---> LE
Old 2010-05-18, 11:15am
I speak Murrini!

Well? Did 'ya "git it on"? Hope so...

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-05-18, 5:06pm
Borovangelist

Yup hot water..it makes the rubber more pliable so it'll stretch. Just make sure you give it a good shake before you shove it on there.

|
|