Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-08-20, 7:51am
birdergirl ~o~

Question Ivory boro color?

I want to try a little boro and I'd like to get a color similar to light ivory.
I'd also like to get a good clear to use.
I'm on a Cricket.
I know zip about boro.
can someone direct me to a color and size to get?
Thank you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2009-08-20, 8:01am

Momka's yellow pearl. The longer you work it, the more opaque it gets. It's sort of a ivory/opalescent worked long and hot.
Old 2009-08-20, 8:11am
Harold Williams Cooney

no ivory. sorry.

try white sticks w/ silver strike powder. not at all the same but . . .
Old 2009-08-20, 8:27am
birdergirl ~o~

Thanks Lynda
! I'll look it up !

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Old 2009-08-20, 8:31am
Pyromaniac

There's also a recent thread in the boro room on this same subject. If you search ivory boro it should pop up for you.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2009-08-20, 8:34am
birdergirl ~o~

Oh thanks!

Old 2009-08-20, 8:46am

I have found that Northstar Egyptian White Sands gives a sort of ivoryish color.

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2009-08-20, 10:53am

TAG makes Jawbone, an ivory colored boro. Here is a curl of Jawbone next to a curl of our Stag White. They have the same density and texture in the rod, and both smooth out pretty well in the flame.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2009-08-20, 11:01am
ID10T Problem Solver

I have some ivory boro that was made by Colormax....you might try posting a wanted ad in the garage sale here and on The Melting Pot.

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2009-08-30, 5:25pm

Here is yellow pearl. It's more yellow the longer it is worked.

Heated to clear and not worked long after, it is more white like the two-tone beads at the bottom left and upper right.
Old 2009-08-30, 6:55pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkgoglass View Post
There's also a recent thread in the boro room on this same subject. If you search ivory boro it should pop up for you.
I believe that the thread said to mix Egyptian White Sand and Butterscotch. I tried doing just a little bit and it appeared to be very close to Ivory, but what do I know, I'm color-blind.

Greg

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 2009-08-30, 7:16pm

I agree with those above too.
Here's Yellow Pearl worked until it's opaque:

And here's Jawbone...it's more organic. IMHO The darker swirls are Butterscotch. Dang, that was handy, huh?