Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Old 2016-04-25, 5:16pm

Default Is 5 lpm enough O2 for Minor?

I hope so...
Old 2016-04-25, 6:35pm
Loving learning

Yes, I have a minor I use with a 5. I am assuming you know to run it at 4-4 1/2 though, for better oxygen.
Old 2016-04-25, 6:36pm

I was very happy with my minor and a 5 litre oxygen concentrator for several years, then I got a second 5 litre concentrator to add to it and I was even happier.

To really answer your question, we would need to know what you are trying to do.

Darrell
Old 2016-04-25, 8:24pm

Good point, Darrell. I'm just going to be running soft glass beads & maybe small pendants & buttons.

Yes, Eileen I plan 4 - 4 1/2.

Thank you both for your input.
Old 2016-04-26, 7:46am
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Is 36k hours on a 5lpm Invacare a lot? Would it be worth buying for under a $100? It has only be used a couple of times, medically, in the past two years, and they said it put out 6lpm consistently, but if it didn't work for me, for some reason, they would give me back my money. Need a quick reply to this, please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2016-04-26, 8:12am

I don't know about the 36k hours, but it seems like not a bad deal. Buy it, test it to it's limits, and if it does not work, take it back.
Old 2016-04-26, 8:38am
ManBearPig

Working soft glass you should be fine. I ran a Minor on 2 5lpm machines and had no problem working borosilicate pendants and and some hollow work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2016-04-26, 3:29pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

I just bought it! Plugged that puppy in and she went to 5-6lpm and held there like a champ! I think the only thing to be done is to change out the fitting so it will take the hose that's connected to my oxycon now! If there needs to be anything else done, hopefully someone here who is knowledgeable will chime in and tell me what and how to do it! I'm excited! My old Oxy has NEVER had more than 3-3.5lpm since I bought it here in the garage sale, but it's all I had and it kinda worked enough to get some decent beads done.

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.