Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-04-30, 1:34pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Default Chardonnay

I was doing some digging today.....and came across BIG rods of Chardonnay....seems to me it behaves similar to transparent yellow....and is one of those "reactives" sorts of things but not sure.....anybody remember?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-04-30, 2:42pm
Cheesehead Packer lover

If it's the OLD chardonnay, it will be a light transparent, just like the wine. If it's the new color it will be yellowish. You'll know when you put it in the flame.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague
Old 2011-04-30, 3:37pm
Happy Beadmaker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadgal View Post
If it's the OLD chardonnay, it will be a light transparent, just like the wine. If it's the new color it will be yellowish. You'll know when you put it in the flame.
What she said! The old ORIGINAL Chard was delicious! Then when I was almost out, I bought some here in the Garage Sale without benefit of a photo. Yup, you guessed it -- it was the nasty "Electric Yellow" version of it!!!

Congrats if it's the old stuff, beautiful!

~
~
~
Old 2011-04-30, 6:02pm
Against the Grain

I have some of the newer rods, and they are like broomsticks.

Old 2011-04-30, 6:08pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

It's the old stuff.....must have been in the back of the cabinet for about 5 yrs......it was hiding out with the z-99 rods......

Old 2011-04-30, 9:47pm
Mary Lockwood

You mean the old yucky, boring chardonnay? Seriously that stuff is nasty. I'll do you a favor and take it off your hands just because I like you. You won't be able to do a thing with it. It's not reactive and I'm pretty sure it has major compatibility issues. Best just to sell it all to me and pretend you never saw it.

~~Mary
secretly jealous of your excellent find

Old 2011-05-01, 4:45am
sunscreen me baby

Use it and etch it. Gorgeous!

~

Old 2011-05-01, 7:48am
Glass-aholic

the old stuff!!!
I love it! And it melts like butter!!!! I have a few fat rods that I pulled down to thinner rods. YUMMY

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2011-05-01, 10:11am
dances with ideas...

I think the yellow version was dubbed "Pee-donnay"...

Old 2011-05-01, 3:25pm
sunscreen me baby

Why yes it was

~

Old 2011-05-02, 8:53pm
dances with ideas...

I might forget somebody's birthday, but not imporant details like that!

Old 2011-05-02, 9:19pm
Happy Glass Girl :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainygrrl View Post
I think the yellow version was dubbed "Pee-donnay"...
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! I remember that Its fun going through your glass if you haven't in a while
ahem... like in three years

Old 2011-05-03, 1:24pm

I have a pile of those fat rods stashed away. Should I list them?? It was goreous with Raku. That much I remember. I bet the silver colors do well with it too....

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2011-05-03, 5:53pm
Glass-aholic

Paula my Chardonnay is from you, from way back when at tin city, when I hand picked them!! Y U M!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2011-05-03, 6:20pm
sunscreen me baby

Oh I love that stuff *swoon* List it! I never saw it with raku.

~

Old 2011-05-04, 10:20am

Oh you know what? I went looking for it last night and it is already packed up for when I move South!

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2011-05-04, 10:21am
sunscreen me baby

When are you moving and where Paula?

~

Old 2011-05-05, 12:42pm

Hopefully before the end of the year if I can get my house sold.I am really done with snow. South as in Florida to be near my Dad. Hopefully that is far enough South to never see snow again!!

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2011-05-05, 1:28pm
Against the Grain

How hard would it be to unpack them? I'd love to try this color!

Old 2011-05-05, 2:24pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

If Paula can't get at them - you might try WTB in the Garage Sale

Old 2011-05-05, 2:48pm

I am sorry. It is really hard to unpack them. I have several huge bins packed and in storage. They are all labeled "104" and that is it and each one is too heavy for me to lift alone..That was just my personal stuff accumulated over the years. I have not gone through my garage yet where the flamedame stuff lives so if I find more I will list it. Otherwise it will be listed after I move.

Like US on Facebook !